Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did/Do you have any experience with newborns?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:11 AM
  • 21 Replies

If you are a first time mom (FTM), have you had a lot of experience with newborns?

Been there, done that (BTDT) mommas, Before your first was born, how much experience did you have with newborns?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GaGirl09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I wasnt an expert by any stretch of the imagination but i was there with my sister every step of the way when she had my nephew...he will be 4 this year! omg!!! lol

LKRA
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I was the last of my friends to have a baby, so I had been around newborns before, just not for any great length of time. I remember changing my friend's son's diaper in the hospital. The meconium cracked me up. "He's pooping tar!" lol

When I brought my daughter home, I was terrified she was going to break. :) This kid will be tossed around like a sack of potatoes, I'm sure. :)

whimsyjuggalett
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:15 AM

I sure do this is my 4th pregnancy and I also raised my little sister.

wife_army_mommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:16 AM
I had none when I had my dd. I was scared I would hurt her by putting a onsie on. I knew diapers, and making bottles but that's about it. She is gonna be three next month so I think I'm doin ok..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyKelleyX3
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I didnt really have any experience with newborns before I had my own.

candra186
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I had little to no experience with newborns when my first was born. I've never exactly been baby-gaga over other people's kids.

mem82
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:22 AM

I had more experience with babies 3 months and up, between relatives and babysitting. I remember just bring my DD home and thinking, "My God, how is this going to work!" LOL

ManaLynx
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:52 AM

I have exactly no experience with babies at all :( I have never changed a diaper, I have never given a baby a bath, never dressed a baby... the most I've done is awkwardly hold a baby for a few minutes until I could safely pass it along without offending the mother (I've never been a fan of babies). So I'm hoping my baby (due in July) will be tough enough to handle being a guinea pig, haha

mem82
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:01 AM

8) I will tell you a secret. I dropped my oldest when she was two weeks old. Dropped her right out of my arms, off the bed and on to the floor. She cried for like a minute. I cried for two weeks. LOL She was completely fine.

Quoting ManaLynx:

I have exactly no experience with babies at all :( I have never changed a diaper, I have never given a baby a bath, never dressed a baby... the most I've done is awkwardly hold a baby for a few minutes until I could safely pass it along without offending the mother (I've never been a fan of babies). So I'm hoping my baby (due in July) will be tough enough to handle being a guinea pig, haha

CafeMom Tickers

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:05 AM

I had plenty. I worked in childcare for a long time in the infant room. Even though it is a bit different when it is your own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)