Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Haven't felt baby move since yesterday afternoon....??? **UPDATE** went to the OB

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have an OB appt today at 130 but I'm still worried, and I don't know if I need to be or not.  Yesterday I had really bad lower abdominal pains, and I barely felt baby move - nowhere near like I normally do. I generally have really strong movements that you can see from the outside of my belly, multiple per hour. But yesterday it was just a few times and they weren't very strong. Then last night I had a contraction, and after it was over, the right side of my belly - from the very top all the way to the bottom - felt like a period cramp, and it was hours before it went away. And it never fully went away. But I haven't felt baby move at all, even the tiniest little bump. Its freaking me out. I'm usually awakened during the night when I flip from one side to the other by him moving, and when I eat breakfast he usually gets very active. Today, nothing. Like I said, I know I'm going to see the OB today,  but should I be worried? Or is this normal? I never had this with my first pregnancy, and I ALWAYS felt her movements - even during the last 2 weeks when she was big I felt her move, maybe not strongly, but all the bumps still the same.....any advice? 

EDIT: I went to my appt. Dr felt around on my tummy. He says "You know he is gonna be a big boy right?" I say "Um, yeah". He says probably between 9-10lbs and that the baby is probably just out of room. But he sent me in for a non-stress-test just to be sure and everything was fine. The baby's heartrate and movement was all good (apparently I just can't feel him moving because he is- in fact- just simply out of room). I do have to lay in a dark, completely quiet room for an hour a day, on my left side, and try to feel at least a couple of movements, no matter how small, and call them back if I can't feel any. I go back in 2 wks for my normal check up. 

Another thing, which I'm curious about. My OB says that my due date is June 1st, so he says I'm 33 wks. I disagree and say it is May 20th, (which I know is only a 10 day difference) but that would make me 35 weeks. He says 6-1 because of my 8wk u/s. I say May 20th because I KNOW what day I got pregnant - DH was working as a long haul truck driver during that time, and was only home ONE night out of 8wks - and that ONE night is the ONLY time I had sex during that 8wk period. My 20wk u/s exactly matched that date too. So I know it doesn't matter that I know the date, he is still gonna go by the 1st ultrasound. But has anyone else been in this situation?  

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
meagansmama1009
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:10 AM

BUMP!

Hembymom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I would make sure you talk to your ob about it, and about how long it's lasted. Have you tried drinking some juice or even some soda? to see if you can get baby moving?

sexymamma20
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I would call your ob now and see what they say. Hope things turn out ok hugs good luck

abstractmommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Quoting sexymamma20:

I would call your ob now and see what they say. Hope things turn out ok hugs good luck

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOK
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Definitely talk to your OB...But maybe the baby turned so you can't feel the movements as much. If the baby is facing your spine....you may not be able to feel as much. BUT Still talk to the dr. Good Luck . Hope all is well!

meagansmama1009
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I did. I drank some juice, and then some coffee and still nothing......:( I called my OB, and they said to come in as soon as I can, but I live an hour and a half away from my dr office, and I still have to get DD ready, so I will still make it there about the same time as my original appt.....So off I go. I will post an edit when I get back. Thanks! 

Quoting Hembymom:

I would make sure you talk to your ob about it, and about how long it's lasted. Have you tried drinking some juice or even some soda? to see if you can get baby moving?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Elyssa414
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Sending positive thoughts!! How scary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:22 AM

keep us updated

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)