Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had a Dream board?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

http://www.oprah.com/article.html?content_id=odreamboard.xml&type=text

So I saw this on Oprah a long time ago. I would say about a year ago. I cut pictures out of magazines with all my dreams. I found it in my file cabinet while looking for my Dyson warranty ( broken vacuum!) Anyways, EVERYTHING on it had came true! I was amazed.They say that is how it works though. You put your dreams out there and they really come true. Has anyone else done this?  I challenge you to make one.They are fun to make and who doesn't dream a little?!

Quote:

O Dream Board: Envision Your Best Lifeā„¢

O Dream Board: Envision your best life

People have created vision boards for years using images from magazines on corkboards or posterboards but they weren't very portable. Since many of us spend our days on the computer, create your own O Dream Board to serve as a daily reminder of your aspirations and what you want your life to be.

What do you want in your life? What images represent your dreams? What words inspire you to move forward? Capture them with O Dream Board. Get clear about your goals, your hopes and your vision for your life. Make the connection to turn your dreams into reality every day.

The new O Dream Board is a free web-based application available to all Oprah.com members and easy to share with your friends. So dream it. See it. Share it. Achieve it. And repeat. Start living you best life now!

If you're already a member of Oprah.com, you'll be asked to login to get started. If you're not a member of Oprah.com yet, you'll be asked to join.

With O Dream Board you can:
  • Upload photos from your computer
  • Choose from our photo library featuring images by our partner Getty Images
  • Write inspirational quotes, words and actions
  • Change your O Dream Board as you change
  • Keep track of your life's journey with an archive of your past O Dream Boards
  • Save image jpgs to your desktop
  • Share your O Dream Board with your family and friends

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zestforlife
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:24 AM
I made something similar after watching *the secret*. I started my board in late February of 2011. So far so good :) A third of the board has become reality, and it's only April.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Isn't it amazing!!! I was shocked it had all came true!

Quoting zestforlife:

I made something similar after watching *the secret*. I started my board in late February of 2011. So far so good :) A third of the board has become reality, and it's only April.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I did something similar when I was in college and high school.  I should do another one.

whimsyjuggalett
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:11 PM

LOL no, it would be a dream for me to even get around to making one

zestforlife
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:17 PM
It is amazing! I was absolutely floored the day we were told we got the farmhouse. The first thing on the board was a farm and large farm house. Within a week we got a call from a friend that our dream house was available and on the market. 3 days later our offer was accepted. We move in early May.

Quoting housefullofkidz:

Quoting zestforlife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Quoting zestforlife:

It is amazing! I was absolutely floored the day we were told we got the farmhouse. The first thing on the board was a farm and large farm house. Within a week we got a call from a friend that our dream house was available and on the market. 3 days later our offer was accepted. We move in early May.

Quoting housefullofkidz:

Quoting zestforlife:

That is amazing!!!! I am so happy for you!  The house I have now, we had looked at to rent a year earlier & Now here we are sitting in this house but owning it!

MommyKelleyX3
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Ive never had one but I remember seeing it on there a long time ago!

njsmommy06
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Yes it is truely amazing that it drives us to work hard for our goals and dreams! I've had one before and my husband thought I was crazy but now he realizes its not a bad idea to keep himself focused! Very good idea!! We have also gone dream building to million $ homes and test drove our dream cars, its amazing how having access to those things and the feeling you get when its all at your fingertips makes you want it all that much more!! :D

JazzysWifey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I made one about 8 months ago. it's something my sales team does (I'm a Tastefully Simple consultant) 

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:04 PM

That would be alot of fun.

Quoting njsmommy06:

Yes it is truely amazing that it drives us to work hard for our goals and dreams! I've had one before and my husband thought I was crazy but now he realizes its not a bad idea to keep himself focused! Very good idea!! We have also gone dream building to million $ homes and test drove our dream cars, its amazing how having access to those things and the feeling you get when its all at your fingertips makes you want it all that much more!! :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)