Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it bad

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:26 AM
  • 11 Replies
I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my 4th child and my best friend of 15 years called me because she just found out this morning that she is pregnant too!!! With her first baby!! Neither of us were really wanting a baby at this time... I thought I was finished with my 3rd and she didn't think she was ready for her first. I have gotten over my first reaction of being shocked and upset and I've come to tems with having another baby even getting kind of excited. Now that she is pregnant too I'm so excited for her too... even though she isn't so excited yet. Is it bad that I'm so excited? I feel like I'm not being very sympathetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChanelWilliams
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM

I don't think so, In the long run she'll be happy that you were so excited.... And not to mention your pregnant at the same time! (: Good luck!!

sunshyne86
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Yeah I can't wait for us to go through this together. Of coarse I have my fiance but it'll be so much fun to be able to experience this with my best friend when we can go baby shopping together and think of names together and how I can kind of help her cuz I have done this 4 times now... lol I'm jus so happy... and I know she isn't yet but I can't wait for her to be lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChanelWilliams
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Should be one the best experiences you guys have ever had together(: She'll be happy about it in a few weeks or so. I was the same way when I found out I was pregnant, My hubby and I didn't plan on having any kids for a year or two. But God had other plans, and now I'm beyond excitedd! (:

MagickalMommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM

No, I think its good. I;m sure she'll get excited soon and you being posiutive will probably help her feel better about her own pregnancy

mom_to_kenzie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:20 PM
I don't think I bad...she's just shocked, she'll get excited. I was so happy to hear my best friend tell me she was pregnant with her second just a few months after I found out I was pregnant with Kenzie. It was a shock to them too. Good luck!
mommyinme
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:20 PM

I don't think so. eventually she will come around and be happy you were so supportive. it will be a huge bonding experience for the two of you.I have a cousin who is pregnant with me right now and we are both so much closer from it. Best of luck to both of you!

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:18 PM

no, I think she needs that. Your excitement will rub off on her!

sunshyne86
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:50 PM
Thanks everyone I just wanted to make sure it wasn't obnoxious... I love her dearly and I know that she has to have time to get used to the idea but she will eventually be happy too. I just didn't know if it was wrong that I'm not so sympathetic that she isn't super happy yet lol. Maybe cuz I know if I can do this for the 4th time she can do it the first time lol. Plus she will be a great mommy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JazzysWifey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:12 PM
Ditto =)

Quoting ChanelWilliams:

I don't think so, In the long run she'll be happy that you were so excited.... And not to mention your pregnant at the same time! (: Good luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:38 PM

i planned this baby and i am soooo excited but although im beyond happy, i think my best friend was almost as happy as i was lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)