Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy after miscarriage--worried waiting on first doctor appointment

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:14 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi there!  I'm hoping that someone out there may be able to ease my concerns or help me with some advice.  Last September I found out at my 12 week appointment that my baby only measured 8 weeks and I chose to have a D & C 2 days later.  The doctor did do testing on the tissue that they recovered and it turned out to be one of the most common chromosomal defects that causes a lot of miscarriages.  So, that's good news.  Now, I'm pregnant again. I found out 2 weeks ago but I don't have my first appointment, which I will get a trans vaginal ultrasound, until Monday of next week.  When I found out, I did have my blood drawn two days apart and the HcG numbers were excellent.  I have the hugest urge to call and see if the doctor can get me in tomorrow b/c it's been a long 2 weeks of wondering if everything is ok.  I haven't had too many symptoms yet and I could be anywhere from 5-7 weeks. I am thinking that I am 5 weeks due to my cycles being pretty long.  If I go and have an ultrasound done, will it be too soon or will they be anything to see?  I don't guess a few days is going to matter much but it's been a very trying time.  Please let me know if you have any advice.  We have no other kids.  Thank you!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Red_Tempest
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I had a m/c in September, and  D&C on October first.  I just had my first appointment yesterday.  They did an internal ultrasound on me, and my baby is measuring right on schedule.

That being said:  I'm not sure if they'll be able to see your baby that soon, but the sac should at least be visible.  As long as your levels are where they need to be, sit back, relax, and breathe.  Stressing will not be good for either of you.  I understand the worry.  I was driving my DF crazy with 'what ifs' in the days leading up to my appointment.  Just know that you are not alone.  :)  hugs

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:01 PM

If you are around 6 weeks they should be able to see something. I think if the doctor know's your situation they will try their best to ease your mind. It doesn't hurt to call. ((((hugs)))) & Congrats!

bleedblue1983
by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 8:27 AM

thanks for the encouragment and support!!! I went to the doctor yesterday and baby is healthy with a strong heartbeat.  I am 7 weeks and 3 days, farther than I thought!! I get to go back and get another ultrasound in 2.5 weeks b/c I have a cyst.  She doesn't seem concerned about the cyst but it does give my doc the chance to do another ultrasound, so I'm ok with it!  Thanks again!!!!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 10:17 AM

This.  ((hugs))

Quoting housefullofkidz:

If you are around 6 weeks they should be able to see something. I think if the doctor know's your situation they will try their best to ease your mind. It doesn't hurt to call. ((((hugs)))) & Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)