Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is something you really want but....

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:21 PM
  • 9 Replies

cant get for this baby...I always love window shopping but sometimes i cant see myself getting some things because we cant afford it at that time or i cant bring myself to pay that much...what baby item you really want but can not get(for any reason) for this baby

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rebekahmuse
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I really want a Vera Bradley small backpack to use as my diaper bag. But with it being $88 and having so much else that I actually NEED I probably won't get it.

whimsyjuggalett
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:24 PM

A beautiful nursery, I have never had a nursery for my baby that I could decorate and make nice, we have a 3 bedroom house but right now SO wont give up the computer room he doesnt even spend time in, my girls are already sharing a room. The baby will sleep with us. but hopefully SO will come to his senses within the next yr and clean out the computer room thats supposed to be a bedroom.

LongBeachLiz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM
I dont have a lot that I want to get for the baby. I want minimal things since we don't have too much space and what I want I can find relatively cheap :). I got a bouncer for $10 that looks and works like new at a thrift shop. :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ManaLynx
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM

A dog! I really want her to grow up with a dog. But DH doesn't even like dogs, and by the time I talked him into it I felt like it would be better to wait until she's a little older, and then we can find a dog that will fit in our family, rather than getting one now and just hoping that the dog does okay with the baby.

I also really want a nice carrier like an Ergo, but I don't know if I can justify spending over $100 on something I could just use my arms for...

JazzysWifey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:37 PM

there isn't much because we already have so much so i didn't even go looking at stuff really.... i guess i'd have to agree with ManaLynx, i hear so much great stuff about the Ergo carriers, but we can't afford that

alauck
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:46 PM

A beautiful nursery to decorate...

Quoting whimsyjuggalett:

A beautiful nursery, I have never had a nursery for my baby that I could decorate and make nice, we have a 3 bedroom house but right now SO wont give up the computer room he doesnt even spend time in, my girls are already sharing a room. The baby will sleep with us. but hopefully SO will come to his senses within the next yr and clean out the computer room thats supposed to be a bedroom.

CafeMom Tickers

Turtledoves
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I want my dream glider! A nice, soft one with a rocking ottoman. I have a rocker, but it's not the same. But my husband doesnt want to spend money when we have a rocker. =/

arianaxangel23
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Um everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaBlondie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Quoting ManaLynx:

A dog! I really want her to grow up with a dog. But DH doesn't even like dogs, and by the time I talked him into it I felt like it would be better to wait until she's a little older, and then we can find a dog that will fit in our family, rather than getting one now and just hoping that the dog does okay with the baby.

I also really want a nice carrier like an Ergo, but I don't know if I can justify spending over $100 on something I could just use my arms for...

You can't use your arms behind you when she is fussy and you need to make dinner, but you can put her on your back and she is safe, away from the cooking, and happy, because she is with mommy, and you can't use your arms well to hold her instead of putting her into a dirty, germy cart, but you can put her on your front at first, and your back later....my kids who were ergo'd have been sick less than my one that wasn't, and I think that is because they aren't in that cart.

TRUST me, I would have happily returned my bouncer, swing AND saucer if I needed to in order to get my Ergo.  ADORE it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)