Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15 weeks pregnant - anxiety...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:49 PM
  • 20 Replies

A little background info on me - I am pregnant with my first child, and I found out at 9 weeks. When I found out, I was smoking a pack a day, and was taking xanax and ambien w/ a prescription. I have really severe anxiety, so bad that my OB and psychiatrist both agreed the benefits of xanax outweighed the risks and told me it would be ok if I didnt completely come off of it. So I was taking 4mg to start with, now I am down to 1mg. and I have quit smoking and taking ambien. My problem, though, is that my anxiety level is raising and I dont know how much more I can decrease my dosage. I stay awake all night worrying about m/c and if its heart stops beating and all the bad things that can happen to it I wake up exhausted if i can even sleep at all. I have found myself to be kind of detached from the whole pregnancy and havent been able to leave the house with fear that something will happen to me that could hurt my baby. I guess what I'm really looking for is some words of encouragement and something to put my mind at ease a little bit. My next appointment is next week and I'm terrified there wont be a heartbeat.... or something will be terribly wrong... im soo tired of being scared i cant wait til i can feel it moving so i know its ok!!!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Twitchie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:54 PM

bump....

Twitchie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:06 PM

ugh....bummer....

lovinMYtwins07
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:07 PM

try to relax. stressing out like you are is definatly NOT good for baby! just relax and try to enjoy your pregnancy and let things be. try to enjoy yourself!

mem82
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Have you asked your doctor about seeing you every two weeks just to hear the heartbeat?

Bellaboosmum
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I can somewhat relate, I have been medication free for 8 years now and remember this time of change being difficult! And you are right, once you are able to feel the baby move, it is easier to feel at ease! Have you considered buying a doppler? They have fairly cheap ones at Motherhood and $30 is worth the calming sound of hearing your baby's heart beat whenever you need or want!

Twitchie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I havent been able to do anything because of a medicaid screw-up (they have me in their system as 2 rather than 25) but my next appointment is on the 20th, i could ask them?

CafeMom Tickers
mem82
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:11 PM

As a fellow, anxiety sufferer, I completely understand what you are going through. I agree, that being able to feel the baby move well offer you a huge amount of relief. I would suggest having someone (not yourself) look up all the statistics on late miscarriage and have them give them to you. You'll find that they are extremely rare at 15 weeks. Take that and read it every night before going to bed. Then, practice deep focused breathing. 8) It'll help. It might take a week or two, but it will work.

Twitchie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I'd love to be able to get one! I just think i'd over use it, lol....

Quoting Bellaboosmum:

I can somewhat relate, I have been medication free for 8 years now and remember this time of change being difficult! And you are right, once you are able to feel the baby move, it is easier to feel at ease! Have you considered buying a doppler? They have fairly cheap ones at Motherhood and $30 is worth the calming sound of hearing your baby's heart beat whenever you need or want!

CafeMom Tickers
Twitchie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I might have gotten myself extra worried today because I was looking up statistics myself, and came across a woman's page who gave birth to a 'sleeping' baby, so needless to say that didnt help and i just recently stopped crying...its all so terrifying!! I need to learn to stop looking some of this stuff up myself...

Quoting mem82:

As a fellow, anxiety sufferer, I completely understand what you are going through. I agree, that being able to feel the baby move well offer you a huge amount of relief. I would suggest having someone (not yourself) look up all the statistics on late miscarriage and have them give them to you. You'll find that they are extremely rare at 15 weeks. Take that and read it every night before going to bed. Then, practice deep focused breathing. 8) It'll help. It might take a week or two, but it will work.

CafeMom Tickers
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:14 PM

just relax hun! i had a lot of stresses to as they did not hear a heartbeat early on BUT now im 27 weeks with a beautiful little girl in me and you'll see things will be just fine =)  pregnancy is a great experience and you'll definitely have your ups and down the next few months, but chin up!  everything will be fine and we're here if you need to talk =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)