Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is a good time?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

When is a good time to start having another kid after your first one? Like what age difference is best? 

My hubby asked me a few days ago when I would like to have our next one and I didn't really know, but I do know I want them to be less then 4 years apart just so they will be close in age and be able to play together and go to school together. I would like to see your opinions on it(:

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyKelleyX3
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:28 PM

It just varies, depends on what YOU want.  Everyone is different.  Some people want their kids really close together.  I never did.  My girls are 5 years apart & thats PERFECT for me, I love their age difference.  They still play together & have a great time spending time together, but big sissy is big enough to be really helpful & I love that.  Plus, I love that they are always in such different stages in their life, its so much fun!

DMcC
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:30 PM

My girls will be 2 1/2 years apart.  But it really all depends on what is right for your family. 

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I love having mine close together! The last two are 13 months apart!

lorsmommy08
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM

um, I like mine kinda close together. DD and ydd are 23 months apart. ydd and ds will be about 28 months apart. It all depends on your preferences. A little more space would've been good, lol. But I like the closeness and I like how good of friends my dd's are.

sexymamma20
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I think between 2 and 4 years. My oldest 2 are extremely close and they are 2 years apart. there is a 3 year gap between my ds and youngest and they are close but not as close as my oldest 2

rachelrothchild
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I would say anywhere between a year and 18 months if you want them closer together.  My brother and I are about 18 months apart.  I think DH and I are going to start trying again when this one is around 6 months.

citymomch
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:45 PM

My oldest 2 are 2, my daughter is 8 months, and I'm 8 weeks pregnant.  The age difference works well for us.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:18 PM

It is all up to you and your hubby. There is no right or wrong. It is just how you feel about it.

Like for my hubby and I we knew we did not want them closer then 3 years and no more then 5 years. Are there girls are all threes and some months apart. I wanted to enjoy time with them and not have two in diapers. (even though with my first two it happened for only two months). For us it is perfect.

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM
My boys will be 23 months apart. I think between 2-3 years is a good spacing..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)