Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here and huge problem

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:19 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hi,

I 'm brand new here, this is my first post and unfortunately is not a good one =0(  I went to the Dr today, I'm 16 weeks, and they found an amniotic band. I had never heard of this and of course, I started googling and found horrible stuff like amputated limbs and cleft lips, even miscarriage if it wraps around the cord. I am freaking out and can't stop crying and would like to know if this has happened to anyone here during their pregnancy and what the results were. Please keep us in your prayers. Thank you in advance for your answers.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JazzysWifey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM
I have no experience with this. What did your doctor say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM

bless your heart!  i've never heard of that, personally.  but with all of the support here, im sure you'll get answers, hun!  ((hugs))

JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:22 PM

There was a post by someone who has this yesterday.  Not sure which group though...

mommy2bb1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM

The Dr. is sending me for a more in depth ultrasound tomorrow, but it sounded like she hadn't dealt much with it. She's sending me to a hospital. I saw it in the ultrasound and it's literally a bank going across the uterus wall, I had never seen anything like it.

athenaheim
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:34 PM
I'm sry hun I really hope they were wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2bb1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Thank you, I hope so too

WaitingOnBabyK
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:42 PM
I remember it too...

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

There was a post by someone who has this yesterday.  Not sure which group though...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
battisarah
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:46 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
apoe
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:46 PM

i had a small one with my youngest among other thing that i had. i also had a 2 vessal cord. my son was born perfect. he has a small dimple at the base of his spine which is a form of spinal bifda all is nerve endings are in a pocket so he is good.

MommyKelleyX3
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Im so sorry, Ive never heard of this!  Hope someone can help out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)