Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever been induced? No bashing plZ

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:34 PM
  • 47 Replies
Have any of u all been induced? I have another dr appointment on the 21 I an due the 25th. I am going to ask if they will induce me at that appointment. Will doctors normally do that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyKelleyX3
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Lots of them will, they like the convenience of knowing when the baby is coming, lol.  Lowers the chance they will get called in on a weekend :)

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:36 PM
I BEGGED my dr to induce me at the end of 39 weeks. He wouldn't because I was showing no progress toward labor. I went into labor that weekend and my dr was trying so hard to prevent a csection that I labored for 72 long hrs. But I still had a csection...so I'm no help :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shajdinyak
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM
Ask Dr to strip ur membranes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whimsyjuggalett
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM

No they don't, they usually wait a week or two. I lied to my Doc and said DH was being sent to boot camp, but he wasn't really for another month. SO Doc induced me and really after it was done the Doc and I were glade he did and did not wait any longer. 1) the baby had a bowl movement and 2) the baby was little big for my size and her shoulder was stuck and almost dislocated, He said if we did wait it could of been bad. So lying wasn't so bad after all.

MegaMutant
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:40 PM

My SIL induced with her third and her baby went into respiratory distress within a few hours because his lungs weren't developed yet. He was in the NICU for a week and has had stomach problems since. He was only 5 days early. Induction for anything but a medical reason is not worth it. Baby's just not ready. Remember that your due date is just an ESTIMATION and no one can tell you if baby is ready to be born until they come on their own.

militarywife09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Im not sure. Depends on the doc. My doctor with my first pregnancy wouldn't even talk about it until I was 41 weeks, but I had my DD 1 week early so we never really talked about it. I just asked when could I be induced, and he said we'd talk about it when I hit 41 weeks.

This pregnancy my doctor has already said she may induce me so she can deliver me. I don't care either way really.

armypregnant bellytoddler girl

CafeMom Tickers

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM

yeah i was induced the day that i turned 37 weeks but i was high risk .. im epileptic and my labor needs to be like 100% controlled .. im getting induced this time again.. july 1 which will be the day that i am 38 weeks .. with my son, i was so sick that my fluid level was low and he was rolling over on his cord .. but even at 37 weeks, he weighed 7lbs1oz and was perfect =)

SydneysMommy86
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:45 PM

No they wont just do it at your appointment. They have to have you on the schedule at labor and delivery. Also, if you dont go in the night before and get medicine to ripen your cervix you can end up with a long horrible labor and could end up with a c section. It's not a good idea. My advice is to ask to have your membranes stripped and if you really want to be induced asked them to put you on the schedule for the following week in case the membrane strip doesn't work.

katiesing
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Yea I was about in tears today when they told me I hadn't progressed in the past week. But I didn't ask today abou induction since I was only 38 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trueblue1990
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:49 PM
I asked at my 39th appt and i was induced on my due date. So you can ask and see. Every doctor is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)