Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

okay so this is my first baby and i have no idea what BH are suppose to feel like. I think i have been having them the last few days off and on but im not sure. my stomach gets all hard but it sometimes does that when little boy moves in the front. and he normally doesnt move as much at night and that seems to be when im having them. But it hurts for like 30-45 seconds every 5 minutes or so i am a waitress and i am on my feet for 10 hours straight and its hard to be able to sit down and when i do get the chance i get yelled at by my co workers because im not helping them clean up.....

So i guess what i am ranting about is what do they feel like?  I just went to th doctor monday and they said everything was normal but i totally forgot to ask about the BH. Please someone help

Thanks in advance

pregnancy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mem82
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:50 PM

What you are describing does sound just like BHs. Good luck! Your body is getting ready for baby. YAY!

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM

BH aren't too big of a deal. they just feel like rpessure/tightness in your belly and possibly back. Sometimes they'll seem consistent, but it's just practice.

leinzlove
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Sounds like BH's to me!

CafeMom Tickers
jcmomma
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Sounds like BH to me. When you get them do the opposite of what you are doing. So if your on your feet take a moment sit rest and drink some cold water. If laying around get up and move drink some cold water. This is a great way to tell because if they stop then you know but if they continue time them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorsmommy08
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Quoting mem82:

What you are describing does sound just like BHs. Good luck! Your body is getting ready for baby. YAY!

-Krista
~Mom to Lorelai(5-28-07), Peyton(4-20-09), and New Baby(EDD 8-25-11) 

..Lucky..
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:43 PM
My doctor has always told me that if I have more than 4 in an hour to give them a call...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)