Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dishwasher, is it a must for your household?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:19 PM
  • 67 Replies

washing dishes Our Dishwasher broke a few days ago...  and you really don't realise how much you appreciate it until you can't use it.

So Ladies, Do you think having a dishwasher is important? Why or why not?

Mommy to a wonderful 2 year old boy! Soon to have another in May! Married to my best friend for 5 years! 

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:19 PM
Yes!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:21 PM
Im the only one that does the cleaning so im gonna say hell yeah lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:22 PM

I spent several years with out one so when we bought a house, I made hubby install one! LOL I HATE DOING DISHES!

eeyorerdl
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:22 PM

I used to think so until my SO finally put one in and I ended up just not wanting to unload it, so I would end up just washing the future dishes.  We recently moved into a place that doesn't have one and I'm doing just fine with keeping up with the dishes...so far!

rocker_mommy_08
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:24 PM
The last place we lived didnt have one. That was hell
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:24 PM

We don't have one. I'd rather keep my cabinet space. However, I do struggle to keep up with dishes, but I think that's more because I don't want to do it while pregnant. I was fine before pregnancy in keeping up.

readyforbaby3
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:27 PM

not important..not passing judgement----but when I was growing up using a dishwasher was considered being lazy..lol...as an adult i rarely use a dishwasher and it seems it doesn't wash the dishes as well as when i do it manually (unless i don't know what the heck i'm doing)...now i only use it as drying rack really..i'm the only one that does the dishes and i wash them daily (sometimes more than once) i can't stand a dirty smelly kitchen--yes i'm anal lol

Glamourbabies
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Definitely important! I hate hand washing dishes but there are certain pans I will hand wash.

1wildchild
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:35 PM

I absolutely HATE washing dishes by hand, the house we lived in didn't have a dishwasher and it seemed like there was always a ton of dishes to do. It sucked. I'm so glad our apartment has a dishwasher. If we ever move into a house without one again I'll make sure we install one.

ManaLynx
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:36 PM

If I were the one who washed dishes, I would say it's a necessity. But DH does the dish washing and he doesn't seem to mind washing them by hand, so we haven't bothered to get a dishwasher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)