Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contractions...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

Have you ever been able to time your braxton hicks?

Every few days (no I'm not dehydrated) I'll get some contractions that don't hurt but definitely grab my attention.... and I can time them. Last time they were 1.43 minutes apart and lasted 30 to 39 seconds long. My guess is it's pre-labor/false labor. I had it for weeks before having my son.  Just thought it was kinda interesting.

Mommy to a wonderful 2 year old boy! Soon to have another in May! Married to my best friend for 5 years! 

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Not for more than maybe half an hour. Mine never got to the point where I would think, this is it!

One-n-Counting
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM

I definitely can tell it's not labor but they are more intense then my normal braxton hicks...

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM
I had so many false alarms because of BH! Keep an eye on them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8Baxter
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:24 AM
I timed my contractions last night...ranged from lasting a minute to five minutes...and 8 minutes to 25 minutes apart. I had 8 in a little over an hour and a half!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YoungMother1792
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Braxton hicks can get pretty intense sometime. I had them from 16 weeks to 40 weeks every 5-8 minutes. That plus 3 months of bedrest resulted in a full term 40 week pregnancy thank the Lord :)

Don't get too worried over it, especially if the contractions aren't changing your cervix at all. Take care!

desertwannab
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:43 AM

yep... i get them like that, especially at night and they can be between 3-10 min apart and consistant.  usually for a few hours and they stop when i go to bed.  

JohnsonFamily5
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:52 AM
I actually asked my doctor about this last week. To make the long story short on what went on, I am 24.5 weeks, but I am measuring 32 weeks. I informed my doctor that my BH were getting to the point that I have a couple an hour and that some of them can get painful and the others are there because I can feel my stomach tighten up. He said that my stomach is going to do that until the day I have my son. He checked me and said that my cervix was high and long so no worries. He said the only way for me to worry is if I start feeling them right where my c-section scar is located and if I start feeling them into my low back. Let me know what you find out on your contractions cause I am curious now.
MommyKelleyX3
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Mine were VERy regular once, around 28 weeks or so.  Like, every minute or two.  I had to go into Labor & Delivery, they lasted about 3 hours like that!

1wildchild
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Mine were every 30 to 40 minutes on the dot for 3 hours the other day, nowhere near close and they stopped after awhile.

gavansmommy
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM

I could with my second and it was false labor.  I started having them at 33 weeks and they didn't stop until 39 weeks when I had him.  My doctors had me on terbutaline and bed rest.  Once I hit full term they for the most part stopped (go figure). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)