Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Induction?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 3:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was just wondering what ways there are to help bring on labor. I know there is walking, having sex, and caster oil. Are there any other techniques? I don't like the idea of using something like caster oil, or anything else like that... Idk I can't explain. I probably don't even have enough guts to try anything other than walking anyway. Please don't tell me that the baby will come when she's ready, I'm just wondering what other mom's have tried. Thanks!

Cynthia<3

by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lakemama
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 4:00 PM
I stimulated my nipples. sounds wierd but it works. I just saw that a midwife used a breast pump to induce labor. It makes the contractions really strong though. It only works if the baby is ready otherwise you just end up with sore nip[ples.
mommacat
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 4:06 PM
I've never had to try and get mine here sooner they come a little early on their own but I have heard that sex w/an orgasm is the best way to get labor started, again though it will only work if the baby is ready!! Good Luck!!!
jcuddlebunny07
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 4:14 PM
I've tried almost everything from constantly having sex 2 running up and down the stairs, eating spicy foods cause sometimes it can bring on contractions, but unfortuantely none worked they come on their own!
Crystals_Mom07
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 4:19 PM

Quoting mommacat:

I've never had to try and get mine here sooner they come a little early on their own but I have heard that sex w/an orgasm is the best way to get labor started, again though it will only work if the baby is ready!! Good Luck!!!

I don't have anyone to have sex with, and I'm not about to go have sex with some random guy. lol. Plus, I've never had an orgasm, and I think it'd be really hard to even try to have sex now. Last time I tried, I was still with Crystal's dad, and it hurt so bad I just started bawling. He felt horrible b/c he had no idea it hurt until I couldn't hold back the tears anymore....

Anyway, I was thinking about the nipple stimulation, but Idk if I want if it may just cause sore nipples..

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Cynthia<3

texmexmom
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 4:46 PM
I'm so ready!!! but he has another idea!! I have been walking ALOT!!!
with my 1st one I walked the mall for 5
hrs!!! after I had walked other places for days!!  w/ my 2nd i pulled weeds( squatting ) walked and tried to stimulate my  nipples in the shower  but nothing then!! this time I'm walking since it worked w/ #1 and I'm doing the perineal massage by myself
EmbarassedHe won't touch me!! It freaks him out to bad to have sex with me  or do the massage or the nipple thing. Funny thing about the nipple thing since he's such a big boob man!!  I am 37 weeks right now and havcenever made it past it. so this is all new to me!!ANd I am MISERABLE!!!  let me know if you found something else that might work!!  I'm with you on th eoils!! I might try the rose hips though???
sweetmoonflower
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 9:01 PM
I went into labor about five mintues after sex. It was steady, strong and constant! Of course, it was too early, so I had to get shots all night long.   I also worked with kids at the time and had been sick with colds and stuff it seemed the whole pregnancy.  I remember that my back was hurting especially bad that day, ooopppss, That's the only time sex has done anything for me in this regards.  I walked my tail off and nothing. Honestly you can try, and I wish you luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured