Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FINALLY!!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:39 AM
  • 10 Replies

I went to the ER tonight with some minor pain what ended up being round ligament stretching, no biggie right? Well, for starters, apparently if you show up to the emergency area of Medical City Dallas, you're pregnant and have abdominal pain, you get to cut ahead of everyone else lol. BUT!! When I was strapped to all the monitors and whatnot, not only did I hear Peyton's heartbeat and her moving around, but I FINALLY felt her move!!! It took the doppler monitor being pressed into my stomach to find her, but the pressure was enough for her to show mommy she was there!! I was so happy, I hadn't felt her yet and I was starting to get worried. Wouldn't you after 23 weeks? Oh, and she had the hiccups! Cutest thing ever ^_^

There is no stress that can't be handled with a
prayer and chocolate.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C8Baxter
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megan479
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:41 AM

wow, yes, i would have been worried too.  23 weeks is pretty late.  glad everyhting is ok though.

stacy2607
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:42 AM
Im glad everything is ok..and feeling your baby move, isn't that the best feeling??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren_rankins
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Quoting stacy2607:

Im glad everything is ok..and feeling your baby move, isn't that the best feeling??

It was indescribable to say the least ^_^ I was worried, but apparently she's just tiny. My husband and I aren't very big people though. I'm 5'6 and was 130lbs when I got pregnant, and my husband's 5'8 and 145lbs on a lazy day lol.

There is no stress that can't be handled with a
prayer and chocolate.

stacy2607
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:52 AM
I just had baby #8 on jan. 22nd, and everytime I didn't feel movement when I should, I got worried..its normal to be worried

Quoting lauren_rankins:

Quoting stacy2607:

It was indescribable to say the least ^_^ I was worried, but apparently she's just tiny. My husband and I aren't very big people though. I'm 5'6 and was 130lbs when I got pregnant, and my husband's 5'8 and 145lbs on a lazy day lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:10 AM
Wow, that would worry me! Glad you heard the hb and felt baby move though.. it's the best feeling. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandasue0678
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:00 AM

glad it wasn't anything serious! Peyton is what we are naming our little girl too. it's such a cute name!

doulala
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Glad to hear you got some relief!
That noisy Doppler might have caused her to run away~   and you felt her!

Congrats and good luck!!

BiPolarMomto3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:41 AM

No it's not uncommon.... I didn't feel little one move on the outside until about 25 weeks. At 23 weeks they're still small....

olivejuicebby
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Glad all is well - Congrats :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)