Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is this world coming to! WHY!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:06 AM
  • 25 Replies

Why in the world would they make sketcher shape-up for kids!!!! Why in the world would they need to shape up anything at 8?

Skechers Little Kid/Big Kid Shape-Ups Shape Ups Mary Jane Walking ShoeSkechers Little Kid/Big Kid Kinetix Response Shape Ups Glitter Mesh & Leather Walking Shoe

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dsebastian23
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:06 AM

BUMP!

Tamaralynn30
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:07 AM
With childhood obesity at an all time
High - I actually like seeing those :-).

They're cute too!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whimsyjuggalett
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:09 AM

lol, maybe its for the really fat kids.

mrs.pyle

they arent safe for children. 

MNLETLE
Really? BC I'm doubting a shoe does Jack shit for the obesity epidemic....and I personally think the first pair is HIDEOUS!

Quoting Tamaralynn30:

With childhood obesity at an all time

High - I actually like seeing those :-).

They're cute too!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrunchyBran
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:11 AM

That makes me sad.

hippiemamaof2
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:11 AM

parents with obese children probably wouldn't be buying those and shape ups aren't meant for running and playing, they are meant to give you a boost while walking. :/ 

These are ridiculous and unnecessary and do not help you lose weight, at all, activity and watching what you eat do. These can help *tone* you, but not help you get healthy. 

By standards on the BMI scale for children my 2 year old is obese, although she's not: she's perfectly healthy. 

Tamaralynn30
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:13 AM
Yeah true on the walking part.

At least they're trying :-)

Quoting hippiemamaof2:

parents with obese children probably wouldn't be buying those and shape ups aren't meant for running and playing, they are meant to give you a boost while walking. :/ 

These are ridiculous and unnecessary and do not help you lose weight, at all, activity and watching what you eat do. These can help *tone* you, but not help you get healthy. 

By standards on the BMI scale for children my 2 year old is obese, although she's not: she's perfectly healthy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieSparks

I've read up a lot on these shoes and have found more negative than positives. You can get horrible stress fractures from wearing these shoes. There is actually a lawsuit right now on these specific shoes. I wouldn't recommend them.

dsebastian23

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)