Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-Section Moms

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:12 PM
  • 17 Replies
How long after your csection were you allowed to get up and walk? When did they take out the iv/cath? Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michaelsmama05
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:17 PM

The nurses made me get up the day after my csection - they also took out the catheter that day too.

nboone1373
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:00 PM
I had my son at 2pm cath was removed that eve I think and then I went pee. I was walking the halls that nite but dr did say I had a unusually fast recovery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:14 PM

I was up within 12 hours of my surgery with my first c-section and I was up in like 2 with my second. They took the catheter when I got up and the IV they usually leave in 24 hours just in case you need more fluids.

olivejuicebby
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:33 PM

24 hrs after my c-section they took out the cath and let me walk to the bathroom

sunshyne86
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM
My girls were born at night so it was the next day when I was allowed to get up and all that and was walking around. With my son he was born in the morning and that evening I was up moving around not cath. With all of them they left the iv in for the entire time so they could administer medicine easier. But they disconnected it from the bag it was just the iv part still in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom_2011
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:41 PM

i was up and walking about 5 hours after the c sec. they took out the iv and cath later that day

marithegreat82
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:46 PM

i know they took my iv out the next day and i wasnt allowed to leave until i walked around really good and my bloodpreassure was down. i know with both kids i was in the hospital 2 days. with the late one i went into labor the 20th and was sent home the 22nd

jenniferlove727
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:12 PM

The following day i was able to walk and my catheter was was removed as well.

angela.bouchard
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:35 PM

my cath was out 2 days later, my iv was out i think immediately.. but they left the part in my hand the whole time in case i needed more blood pressure meds.

mami323
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:38 PM
That same day and i passed out so they gave me smelling salts i think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)