Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q's for everyone- Did you want to beat up your husband during labor annnd......

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:24 PM
  • 41 Replies

Here are the q's that I thought would be interesting

Did you want to beat up your husband during labor?

Did you curse at him at all?

How soon after the baby was born did you all go home?

Can I decide how long we stay at hospital after baby is born? [I ask this bc w/ my 2nd DD we had to stay for two days after she was born]

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loveing_My_Life
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I did want to beat him up cause he was trying to make me laugh and i wasnt in the mood

Yes

and we left 3 days after and with our 2nd son we left on our 2nd day

robbianna
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:34 PM

I did not want to beat my husband up and never once cursed at him LOL I did curse a little but not AT HIM he was my rock my coach we did the Bradley Method and he was the best thing in the world my labors where VERY long and he was there for the long haul awake for over 35+ hours with both of them.

unfortuanatly mine both still ended in c-sections so our stay in the hospital was about 3-4 days I don't see why you wouldnt be able to go home a little earlier than 2 days if everyone is doing well but most hospitals have their own policies on that.

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:34 PM

nope .. bc i had an epi and didnt feel any pain lol

doulala
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:38 PM

With my first baby I did...    I felt like everyone was looking at me!  It was irritating.
No cursing.

We were released after a few hours but I wanted to nap so I slept there over night (evening deliveries).

You may choose when to go but may have to sign AMA.

If you want to go home asap aim for as natural a birth as possible, you'll be more likely to be released sooner.

NinaLemon
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I didn't want to beat him up, I was very thankful to have him there.  He is good at calming me :)

I have never cursed at him, in labor or not.  Not that I haven't ever been angry with him, we just don't curse or call each other names.

We came home after 2.5 days.

I don't think the hospital can force you to stay, but if you choose leave before discharege you will have to sign something saying you left against medical advice. 

pregnancy

Mrs.Mommyof6
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:41 PM
No but I wanted to beat him up when I found out I was pregnant this time around...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Acctually I had an epidural and pitocin, and was realeased exactly 24 hours after I delivered. Every hospital is different OP you would have to just talk to them.

Quoting doulala:

With my first baby I did...    I felt like everyone was looking at me!  It was irritating.
No cursing.

We were released after a few hours but I wanted to nap so I slept there over night (evening deliveries).

You may choose when to go but may have to sign AMA.

If you want to go home asap aim for as natural a birth as possible, you'll be more likely to be released sooner.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Well 4 or 6 hours would be much sooner, right?

Quoting militarywife09:

Acctually I had an epidural and pitocin, and was realeased exactly 24 hours after I delivered.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I think being pissy and violent to your labor support is ridiculous, lol. No beating them up, no cursing like a sailor at them. smh.

I went home two days later. I had trailing membranes so I was monitored, and baby had to go for an xray at two days old because of his shoulder. Our pedi wanted him checked out before going home.

Devious103102
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM

With DD1 I was upset with my ex (her bio-donar) because he was just being annoying.

With DD2 I was upset with DH because he went to eat and I was STARVING (though I know that was "wrong" of me) but other than that, no. DH was AWESOME when I was in labor with DD2.

He wasn't with me with DD3 (he was deployed/on his way home and got back the next day) but his sister was with me. The only person I was TRULY pissed at was the nurse because she kept trying to convince me to get an epi that I did NOT WANT nor need!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)