Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My stepfather said I have to have another c-section. Is he Right?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:08 PM
  • 25 Replies

This is me at 22 weeks. I'm now 25 weeks 3 days. I'm 4'11" and weighed less than 100lbs before I got pregnant.

We went shopping w/ my stepfather and 8 yr old sister yesterday so I could help her pick out some clothes. When my stepfather saw me he told my fiance that I have to have another c-section bc my daughter is to big. All my appts for fundal height were big but now i'm measuring the correct size and my u/s's were showing her measuring a few days to a week behind. I'm really upset b/c with my son I had to have a c-section and with this baby I wanted to try a vbac. My doctor hasnt even mentioned a c-section or anything about this baby being to big. My fiances cousins have also started saying Im too big. Am I already too big? Should I even worry about his comment?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.pyle
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:10 PM

nope not at all. im only an inch taller than you and under 100 pounds as well, i had a nine pounder no problem. we dont grow babies that are too big for us  to birth :) a vbac would be much safer for you. 

blessed_mom774
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:10 PM
I had 1 c section (emergency) 3 vbacs to follow then my kast was another emergency section
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM

I don't think so. If your doctor is fine with it then don't worry what anyone without a MD behind their names say. 8)

try4baby20
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:15 PM
I'm 4 foot 11 inches and at 9 mo preg weighed 130 I delivered a 7lb 2oz baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM
you are not too big. tell your step dad to shut it until there really is a problem to where you will for sure need one. tell him she is on schedule with her weight and if you need a csection it will be your decision not anyone elses. thats bs id be pissed. most likely i will have to have one because im 5'3. i started out at 105lbs and now weigh 135lbs at 32wks. my lil dude weighs just over 4lbs and they say hes a big boy. my first born was 6lbs 11oz and was supposed to be 8. theres no such thing as too big until it comes time for her to come out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrunchyBran
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Did you ask him what education on birth he's received to come to that conclusion? lol  Small statured women have been giving birth vaginally for centuries.  The Pygmy culture and Asian cultures are known for their tiny framed women and they give birth juuuuuuust fine.  Trust your body. :)

Momsthename0609
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:22 PM
No your not, and I firmly believe that it is unlikely that a baby is to big to birth. I would just share your concerns with your DR and not listen to what anyone else has to say.

I will say though that I am 5"5 and I gave birth to a 10.14 baby 5 weeks ago at home without tearing. So if your size had anything to do with it surely I wouldn't have been able to give birth to a baby that big:) congrats and GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arianaxangel23
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM
I don't think so. I had an emergency csection with ds. I may try for a vbac this time. I am 4'8 and at 31 weeks only 103 lbs. They say your size really has nothing to do with delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshyne86
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM
I have seen tiny women have huge babies and I have seen bigger girls have problems with tiny babies. There is nothing anyone can tell you just by looking at you. Unless they are a psychic or a dr I would not listen to them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Just ignore him, everyone has a comment. I'd talk to your doc about a vbac to see because some docs just aren't comfortable with vbacks and now would be a good time to find out! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)