Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When should you set up a birthplan& discuss it with your family???

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:01 PM
  • 5 Replies

I want to set up a birth plan but have no idea where to start!!!My mom and my bf are going to be there...Not sure if his mother will show up.I'm in need of any ideas and suggestions.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JazzysWifey
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:07 PM

might as well start working on it now. no sense in waiting until the last minute. i'm 33w and i plan to talk to my doctor about it on monday... hubby knows all my wishes already

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Well first, make sure who will be there and make that the final setup. This will be your labor support team. No additional people after you make your plan, just to keep it simple.

Decide what you want out of your birth. Do you want to medicate asap (which may slow things down), do you want to wait as long as possible, do you want to have no medications at all (which would mean educating yourself and labor support on how to help you cope). Labor pain is worst on your back, so getting up to move whenever you can, sitting on the toilet, sitting in the shower helps. ou cannoy get out of bed with an epidural. being on your back also increases the risk of tearing, so also look around and decide what positions you want to try during labor. Being on your back doesn't mean you will tear, but gravity is your friend.

Don't make a plan until you're sure of what you want, then the plan will come so much easier to you. :)

prdVirgobby
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:12 PM

BUMP!

prdVirgobby
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Thanks Panda Panda!! I believe this would be any easy decision if everyone could listen without arguing... I think i'm gonna go over it with my mom since she has has 2 children because my bf gets fussy when I bring it up... I know I want an epidural but not sure when to get it.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:19 PM

If you really want the epidural, I say wait as long as you can without it. Move around and bounce on a birthing ball while you have the oppurtunity. Once you get the epi, a lot of your options and choices are taken from you, so do it when you feel like you just can't function anymore.

Don't worry about how dilated you are, because you may feel like pushing before a certain cm, you may not feel like pushing at 10cm- just do what your body feels is right. You know your body better than anyone, including a doctor or nurse.

Quoting prdVirgobby:

Thanks Panda Panda!! I believe this would be any easy decision if everyone could listen without arguing... I think i'm gonna go over it with my mom since she has has 2 children because my bf gets fussy when I bring it up... I know I want an epidural but not sure when to get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)