Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So ready to have this baby.... don't bash me

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:44 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am 39 weeks right now and I am just so ready to go into labor. When I was pregnant with my son I had strong painful contractions 2-4 times an hour for 4 weeks before finally going into labor. Then I was in labor for 4 days and finally pushed for almost 4 hours before he finally decided to make his grand entrance. It was brutal. Well, it seems to be starting all over again and I just dont think I can physically take all that again, especially since Ds is only 17 months old right now and DH is working 80 hours a week, so its all on me. I have no friends or family in the town we live in so I have no help. I have been having contractions regularly for almost 2 weeks now and sometimes they get so bad I start to throw up.... nothing is really happening though. I have been to the doc twice and I am now 50% effaced and dialted 2 cm but not really going into labor and it is just so exhausting. Ugh I wish there was something I could do to push over this hump and just go into labor. This is just very frustrating and exhausting and I feel so guilty that ds is not really getting 'all of me' right now.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:46 PM

have you tried that Evening Primrose Oil? i heard it's supposed to help ..

mem82
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I'm sorry. 8( Hope the baby decides to be an Easter baby!

MommaSmith678
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Quoting sgt.youngs.wife:

have you tried that Evening Primrose Oil? i heard it's supposed to help ..

No I haven't, what is it?

truealaskanmom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I suggest that you go see a chiropractor positioning of the baby can play a key role in what you are experiencing.  An adjustment can help a lot. 

C8Baxter
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:09 PM
I'm sorry :(. Hang in there! I'm 39 weeks along as well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaSmith678
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM

BUMP!

leinzlove
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Quoting C8Baxter:

I'm sorry :(. Hang in there! I'm 39 weeks along as well!

CrunchyBran
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Chiropractor, make sure you're taking Cal-Mag, and you can also try belly binding to bring your uterus into a more favorable position so baby can better position itself.

sissy852
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

bump and congrats on the baby

sissy852
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)