Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annoying neighbors or just pregnancy hormones?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM
  • 15 Replies

OK, I think this is just a vent post. We just moved here (new town/new state) back in Sept. We dont know anyone, beside one set of neighbors across the street who connect well with my husband because my husband is latino and so are they. Well the husband is a doll, doesnt speak much english and him and my dh get along well. Hes been helping us install our hardwood flooring and helps us with other projects here. We pay him a sh*t load of money everytime he helps us. So its not like its just free favors. Well since helping us with this hardwood he is over a lot, but his kids and his wife come in and out all freakin day! The wife I liked at first, but last week she came over and just rubbed me the wrong way. Talked about herself and her boss the whole time (which I thought was weird).-and I only met her 2 times. Bascially could careless about trying to get to know me. That particular evening I had cupcakes out and their dd asked to have one, I said yes, i baked them bc I love to bake...and she made fun of me and said "You dont know how to bake?" and wouldnt shut up about it while I was trying to say "No I LOVE TO BAKE".. Its all bugging me. Now when Im outside I hurry up so they dont see me and want to come over. They have a son 4 or 5 same age as my dd and he is mean to her. And when he is over he doesnt listen to me. (he speaks english). Im not here to babysit. I am 5 months pregnant. I have an 18month old to chase plus a almost 4 yr old. Please dont bring your kids to work. I know that sounds bitchy, and it IS ok every now and then...but its been happening way to often to where when the days i know they are working I just lock my bedroom door with my kids until they are done. that way I dont have to deal with the annoyances. 

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amylou111
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:32 PM

bump!

mem82
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:35 PM

It sounds like they don't understand boundaries. I can't think of any good advice except keep doing what you are doing. They'll get the hint eventually.

Devious103102
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:10 PM

How about talking to them rather than just waiting for them to "get it"?  Sometimes you have to be a bit frank and get your point out there.

arj767s
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM

It does seem like it may be a bit much.  I'm sure the pregnancy emotions aren't helping at all.  It sounds like boundaries need to be set.  Have you talked to your DH about it?

sissy852
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:23 PM

that is anoying but i would just talk to them

amylou111
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Dh and i were just talking about it...which he is always telling me to conduct myself in a proper manner (booo) but he doesnt want me to talk to them just yet....it will make him uncomfortable to work with the guy..and I understand....he said he thinks they got the hint and told me until this project is over, he will notify me before hand so I can plan to take the kids somewhere or spend time with them upstairs in our room. He said he agrees with me too, but wants to keep the relationship between him and the guy (meaning I dont have to be involved.) I was pleased with talking to dh tonight..I just didnt know how he would responde to me bitching about it. Also he just said when I do see them, or if I am around when the wife and kids come over to continue to be pleasant and hospitable. lol..thanks for letting me vent here!

MoonShadow3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:34 PM

lol I would be pissed! it's not just the hormones. Its just rude

amylou111
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:43 PM

oh I agree its totally rude!...But I told dh, I will handle so much before I burst and go off and it will be awkward for everyone!

PaintedPanda
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Quoting MoonShadow3:

lol I would be pissed! it's not just the hormones. Its just rude

CafeMom Tickers

babycakeschris
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Keep your blinds closed and curtains closed and door as well I had neighbors the same way I was caved in with my children for a week before they got the message they would come and knock on my door and I would tell my children to play in their room and I would not answer the door and if I would walk out later on during the day and they would say I cam by earlier I would say I was taking a nap must have not heard the door. When your hubby is home and the other man goes over send the kids to play outside

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)