Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How Would You Feel?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 9:37 PM
  • 1 Replies
Ok, I'm not with the baby's father anymore. We're talking about trying to make things work when I feel like I'm ready to try again.
Anyway, today we were talking, and he asked me if I'd let him take the baby off. As in, take her somewhere by themselves. I told him, "NO." He was like, "What...why not? You said it wouldn't be like this.." Then I told him that he was putting words in my mouth. I said that I'd never him him from her, but I never said I'd let him take her off somewhere. He doesn't think that's fair because she's his daughter, too. She's not even born yet, but I don't trust him with the baby already. I think some guys are just ignorant when it comes to babies, and he'd be one of them.
How would you feel if you were in my situation?

Cynthia<3
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 9:50 PM
I don't blame you for being a little cautious about letting him take her alone, I am married and the first time I left my baby at home with my hubby I was a nervous wreck!  It is just what moms do!  Maybe you could reach a little bit of a compromise, maybe tell him for the first few months (or even a year!) you just don't want to leave the baby with anyone alone.... you want to be with the baby, but that maybe you could start out by having him over and letting him care for the baby so you can trust him a little more. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN