Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Snacks for Labor?

Posted by on May. 4, 2011 at 12:32 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am going to need to start getting my bag together and was trying to think of some good snacks to keep around for labor (not having a hospital birth so eating/drinking isn't a problem)

I Was thinking high protein snacks would probably be best but all I can really think of are crackers with peanut butter or cheese, and nuts.

I do need something that will keep a little while, I want to put everything together at around 35 weeks to have on hand so the stuff could be sitting around for a while.

Any suggestions?

TIA.

IAmPregnant Ticker

by on May. 4, 2011 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
..Lucky..
by on May. 4, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Just whatever your craving? I'd want fresh fruits and stuff :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ash50
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2011 at 12:45 AM

I found out the  hard way that its a good idea to eat something you dont mind throwing back up  (sorry tmi) I'd go with the crackers  or something else light like that

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2011 at 1:09 AM

I brought a lot more food than anything else.
We brought a cooler for the chilled things and a bag for crackers, nuts, bars, fruit...

Bring whatever you want, several options.

;-D

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 4, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Granola, fruit cups (juice, not syrup), dry cereal, bananas, nuts (almonds, pecans - protein = energy), yogurt.. all sorts of things!

I highly suggest avoiding pineapple/orange at all costs. If you end up puking like I did, you'll seriously regret it.

la_bella_vita
by on May. 4, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Good suggestions!

Quoting Pandapanda:

Granola, fruit cups (juice, not syrup), dry cereal, bananas, nuts (almonds, pecans - protein = energy), yogurt.. all sorts of things!

I highly suggest avoiding pineapple/orange at all costs. If you end up puking like I did, you'll seriously regret it.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 4, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Gatorade, fruit cups without syrup, jello I know that has to be chilled but you could put it in the back of your fridge and have it ready. 

Basically you want things that digest fast. So no dairy or things with fat in them. Even bananas will sit on your stomach for a while.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Good post!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN