Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If looks could kill....

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:44 AM
  • 12 Replies

DH took me to Islands for dinner, there was a bit of a wait so we were standing in the entry way waiting for them to call us or at least for someone to get called so we could sit down... and Sam started trying to kick her way out via my bladder! So I put my hand to my tummy to tell her to quit it and I got this look from a woman that was seriously rude. I mean if looks could kill I'd have shriveled and died on the spot.

Sheesh. I know that I'm small but I'm 24 weeks and she's kicking the crap out of my bladder! what should I do suffer in silence and without moving while you and your 900 relatives all hog the chairs?

argh!

seriously, when I was growing up my Mom ALWAYS would make us stand up and offer our chair to any elderly or pregnant person! what is the matter with people anyway?

this is me a few days ago!

pregnancy due date

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraface5383
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 1:46 AM
Wow she gave you attitude for that? You should have smiled and stuck your stomach out and wiggled it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:04 AM

I have so got to remember that- or come up with a catchy one liner that's funny. I swear people think I'm being melodramatic. I have sciatica, morning sickness (still) and this baby is super active and since I'm barely showing anything people think I'm not pregnant or am over exaggerating my discomfort. ugh

Quoting saraface5383:

Wow she gave you attitude for that? You should have smiled and stuck your stomach out and wiggled it!

pregnancy due date

JazzysWifey
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:30 AM

ugh i probably would have given her a look right back.... and then passive agressively said something loudly to hubby like "it's hard work growing a whole person inside you!!!" LOL

sgt.youngs.wife
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:57 AM
Lol

Quoting JazzysWifey:

ugh i probably would have given her a look right back.... and then passive agressively said something loudly to hubby like "it's hard work growing a whole person inside you!!!" LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:25 PM

ha ha ha that is funny!

Quoting JazzysWifey:

pregnancy due date

Acook331
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I would have asked her if she had a damn staring problem.  I hate rude people!! You go ahead and tell that baby of yours to knock it off. lol

mommyuphold
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:20 AM

I don't know what's wrong with people anymore!! I had a woman shot me a look last night because I was talking to my baby(5 weeks old) in the grocery store. If I want to talk to him about what we are doing then I can he is my baby!! I have done it with my older kids so why would I stop now!! I always tell them everything we are doing and what all we have to buy and from what aisle and etc. He was a bit fussy but sometimes he is nothing I can do about it. Ugh. People are a pain in the butt anymore!!

Motherof4_2008
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:21 PM
I definately would have said this. People these days are just rude as hell!

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

ha ha ha that is funny!

Quoting JazzysWifey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
One-n-Counting
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Toddlers do it best... just stick out your tongue next time lol. People are so rude sometimes. I'm sorry.

Alyia72
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:45 PM

People can be sooo rude... I was in walmart not to long ago buying groceries looking very very very pregnant with three babies and my back started spasaming so I went to the front to sit down on the bench by the door while hubby checked out cause the line was huge and standing still really bothered my back... I head for the bench and this tiny older lady maybe in her 60's practicly RAN for the bench to cut me off sits her butt down right in the center of the bench.... and leaves me standing their in agony rather than scooting over and letting me sit on the other side.... Hubby seen it going down and wanted to hurt her lol  apparently age comes before pregnacy in the society of rude people lol ide like to see her carry three babies around walmart.  She got up for a second when I wasn't looking while I stood their next to the bench leaning on the wall trying to get some relief I turned around seen her heading back for the bench and I sat down just as she got their then called my daughter over to sit next to me on the bench LOL.  Boy did I get dirty looks...hubby was still in line laughing that I had the guts to steal the bench.  Normally I would give up a seat to someone older than me but she just plain deserved it not to mention she had no problem getting around she moved a heck of a lot faster than I could lol.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)