Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

frustrated....

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:29 AM
  • 11 Replies
So at my last Doctors appointment at twelve weeks I had not gained any weight. I was pretty happy about that since I had gained so much with my other two, I loose it all after but gain a ton. Anyway, we just got a new scale and it says I weigh 6 pounds more. Could it just be different scales or did I really gain 6 pounds in less than a week?
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whimsyjuggalett
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:38 AM

U probably gained weight

hplesha
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:39 AM
Ur supposed to gain alot of weight the first trimester
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bahamamama312
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Your not "supposed" to gain weight in the first trimester. It's ok and normal if you do, but your not  "supposed" to. Its actually fairly common to lose weight in the first trimester.  Your body doesnt "need" anything extra in the first trimester. Once your in your second trimester is when your dr will start keeping an eye on it. All you need is an extra 300 calories a day, and plenty of fluids.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Every baby I find I gain differently and at different times.  Chances are you probably gained some.  I went from only gaining three lbs the whole pregnancy thus far to randomly packing on an extra nine real quick recently. 

SophieLee
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:50 AM
I say different scales... Just keep a record... And next doc appt weigh yourself before you leave to compare. My home scale was off 3.5 lbs from the doc scale... And in my world doc scales count not home ones... Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Suz_and_Ash
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I would say it's the scale.  And 6lbs is nothing to really worry about.  Actually, don't look at the scale period.  Eat a well balanced diet, stay moving(whether you actually get up and excersise or just don't sit around on your butt all day), and pay attention to how you feel.  That is the best way to monitor how your body is doing.

maxandme
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:54 AM
If I did gain it, six pounds in four days seems like a lot.
sgt.youngs.wife
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:43 AM
I wouldn't look into that. I would just weigh by the one scale at the doctors office and go by that one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBP23
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:45 AM
I have gained 10lbs and I'm 26 weeks pregnant...my doctor isn't happy And tells me to eat! Eat! Eat! I do eat I just cannot gain any weight.

Don't be frantic about gaining weight.
JT32606
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:16 AM

different scales can be different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)