• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Symptoms Cause for Concern?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:08 AM
  • 7 Replies

For over a week now i've been getting mild/moderate headaches on a daily basis. Unusual for me, but i'm assuming it's just pregnancy so I didn't bother to call my midwife. Especially since I have an appointment this Monday afternoon. For the last few days though i'm having some mild/moderate nausea going along with my headache and then this morning I had a brief nose bleed. Last time I had a nose bleed I was pregnant with my last son so i'm sure it's also a pregnancy thing. However, i'm also very aware that these three things are signs of high blood pressure. Each time i've seen my midwife (once a month) my blood pressure is fine and there are no traces of protein in my urine. Could blood pressure problems come later in pregnancy? I'm starting to get worried, but I don't want to cry wolf over something that could be nothing.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
brittney28
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Happens to me all the time.. docs say normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Yes blood pressure problems can come later in pregnancy. I would try to take it easy this weekend and talk to your midwife on Monday.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:40 AM

It can be normal; however, blood pressure can change as pregnancy progresses.  I had a pregnancy where as I got closer to the end, my bp kept going up and up.  You could give a call if you think something is truley up, or I would just try to relax, stay hydrated, and ask at your appt come Monday.  Hope you feel better! 

mem82
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:08 PM

8) I agree. Today would not the day to rearrange the living room.

Quoting meam4444:

It can be normal; however, blood pressure can change as pregnancy progresses.  I had a pregnancy where as I got closer to the end, my bp kept going up and up.  You could give a call if you think something is truley up, or I would just try to relax, stay hydrated, and ask at your appt come Monday.  Hope you feel better! 

CafeMom Tickers

blg5484
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:13 PM

With DD I had to get a preventative to take every night because I had headaches so bad they were like migraines and they made me nauseaus light/noise sensativity ect and my nose always bleeds when preggers it did it with DD and again now with DS the headaches havent been as bad this time but I had my doc give methe meds just in case so i could have them on hand

Dragonmamas
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:11 PM

I'm just so sick of it. I woke up with this headache and had it until about four pm. Now it's just after nine and I can feel it coming on again. I've been drinking plenty of water and i've eaten so I can't imagine it's from anything simple like that. Grr. Come on, Monday! Thanks for the advice though, ladies.

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Nosebleeds are very common during pregnancy, and they're worse in winter and spring. Sinus pressure will normally come on feeling like a migrane, whether you're stuffy or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)