Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurting Hips?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:34 AM
  • 11 Replies

Im about to be 27 weeks. And I dont remember this with my 1st 2 children so I have to ask. Why would my hips be hurting so much so soon? My back also has been hurting a lot more then normal. I can sometime feel it cracking and I move, and when I walk my hips will make a pop noise. This baby is also very very low. My 1st girl and she seems to stay right around my pelvic area.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loveing_My_Life
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM

BUMP!

4bugletlove
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM
My hips hurt a lot with my first pregnancy (3 yrs ago) and have hurt ever since! I'm 13 wks pregnant and they hurt still/already. Mid-back does as well.
I'm sorry, its not fun!
After my sons birth I saw a chiropractor for my back and it really helped a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yuriko_chan
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I would say that it's normal. I have so much pain as well, and it started early with this one. I actually addressed it to my doctor yesterday for the third time. And he's thinking my bones are actually cracked!!! How crazy!!! (I have no clue how to get this off italics..sorry!! I'm on quick reply and there's not button! )

Loveing_My_Life
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:42 AM

LOl thats ok !

They think your bones have cracked? How can they check that? 

I go to my doc on the 1st  for an ultrasound. I can ask about what to do and if its normal. I mean its to the point when I cant even walk sometimes and have 2 boys to chase after all day isnt helping lol

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

I would say that it's normal. I have so much pain as well, and it started early with this one. I actually addressed it to my doctor yesterday for the third time. And he's thinking my bones are actually cracked!!! How crazy!!! (I have no clue how to get this off italics..sorry!! I'm on quick reply and there's not button! )

Loveing_My_Life
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Quoting 4bugletlove:

My hips hurt a lot with my first pregnancy (3 yrs ago) and have hurt ever since! I'm 13 wks pregnant and they hurt still/already. Mid-back does as well.
I'm sorry, its not fun!
After my sons birth I saw a chiropractor for my back and it really helped a lot.

I think i will have to find one after I give birth. Or right b4 I give birth. Maybe both lol.

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 11:54 AM

mine has been doing that very early on this pregnancy. it has gotten to the point im almost 36wks and still cracking. Sleeping with a pillow between your legs helps, plus excersize ball rocking on it helps too. Actually now, its like a releaf of pressure everymorning when my hips crack. its so lould dh hears it. but sometimes it cracks wrong and hurts for a few. hormones in your body is loosing up your joints and creating pockets that crack, like when you crack your fingers.

Loveing_My_Life
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I have been thinking about getting a excersize ball. But I didnt see any at walmart lol So im going to send DH to the sports store they have a lot of excersize stuff there.

Quoting chamelinmom:

mine has been doing that very early on this pregnancy. it has gotten to the point im almost 36wks and still cracking. Sleeping with a pillow between your legs helps, plus excersize ball rocking on it helps too. Actually now, its like a releaf of pressure everymorning when my hips crack. its so lould dh hears it. but sometimes it cracks wrong and hurts for a few. hormones in your body is loosing up your joints and creating pockets that crack, like when you crack your fingers.

Helen2004
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:01 PM
32 weeks and going through the same thing!! Normal! They said in was stretching and the baby getting bigger and my body is preparing for childbirth
Loveing_My_Life
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:03 PM

But see im almost 27 so i dont know why im feeling all this so early on.

And This baby is knocking on the door to freedom, Shes soo low and it feels like she is hitting me down there lol

Quoting Helen2004:

32 weeks and going through the same thing!! Normal! They said in was stretching and the baby getting bigger and my body is preparing for childbirth

4xboymom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Thank goodness I'm not alone! Sorry about your hip pain, I truly feel your pain. I have the same popping and grinding noises included. This is my third pregnancy as well and my doctor said that sometimes more of the pregnancy hormone that makes our ligaments stretch (flexin? I forgot) is released into our bodies and this starts happening. I am having twins and my doc said that that can also release more streach hormones. I use a maternity belt and it has helped a lot. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)