Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I Be Concerned???

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have been having menstral like cramps since 5 this morning and have been contracting every 10-12min.  The nurse in L&D said to eat something and drink fluids and continue timing.  She also said to  make sure he is moving at least 10 times in an hour.  This is my question, have any of you been here, and does this seem normal?  Also, I only have 8 kicks in the last hour and a half.  Don't want to rush to L&D for nothing, but just want to make sure this is somewhat the norm.  BTW, my 15 and 9yr olds were induced and vag, so I never have experienced labor prior to birth....thanks for any help mamas.....

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:01 PM

i wouldnt say too much on kicks. as long as they are kicking. drink more water, it could be you contracting because of dehydration, maybe walk a bit to tell if it goes away or gets worse. your about time. my 3rd would never move their counts, especally wouldnt move too much around labor time. good luck mama

mem82
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Sounds like you are in the beginning of labor, if you have been eating and drinking and resting. The thing is, this could go on for a few days if they aren't getting more intense or anything. I would call you doctor and see what he or she says. Try taking a bath and watch for signs of your water breaking, just in case. 8) Good luck!

amax620
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Ok..Dr told me to rest but i have this urge to just clean but im tired...this is so confusing...LOL thanks mamas

blg5484
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Not sure how far you are but sounds like early labor with my DD my contractions started at 6 am i had my bloody show and I had comtractions 7 to 10 mins apart I stayed home for 5 hours before i went in I had to pack our bags and run some errands with DH before I went in. They never told me anything about feeling her move that much in an hour DD did NOT move that much at any point in the pregnancy or when i was in labor.

Try to talk it easy bc the next few hours are gonna be hurry and wait. I had DD with no meds the worse part was the last hour or so and the pressure durring pushing

Try to move around your house and that will help you move along faster but if you are not close to the hospital dont wait to long to go in you dont want babies room number to be back seat door 2 lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)