Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to get used??

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:12 PM
  • 22 Replies

ok we have a huge town wide yard sale this weekend and were going to look for baby stuff, what is ok to get used and what not??

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 1:15 PM

i would think really anything is ok. binkies i wouldnt trust nor any thing you can not wash. SOme babies can spread thrush though things like binkies, but its easily treated. Most of my kids things but binkies are used from us or others. cloth diapers i would too count as not to get used. i have issues with used underwear, thats one thing that shouldnt be shared. just use common sence

mom2gr8tgirls
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Buy: clothes, blankets, toys, crib/bassinet (if manufactured in the last 5 yrs), stroller. Don't buy: carseat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kryssieyes28
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:17 PM
Agree'd. no bottles either! my baby has thrush and her dr said to toss them after even if u sterilize them cause it's so easily spread.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach7
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I agree with pp as well. Get things like clothing, blankets and things that can be easily washed or bleached.

Mamie_85
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM
No carseats, bottles, pacifiers or drop side cribs. Clothing, blankets, crib sheets, towels and toys should all be okay. Have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
readyforbabynow
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I intend to buy used items also but not a mattress, that I intend to get new and organic and letting it air out for a few months.  I will not use a used carseat and good to know about binkies.

kelly617
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 1:36 PM

You can try a thrift store too..I went last week and you'd be amazed at the clothes you can get for like a buck. Most of them still had the original tags on them too!

JT32606
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:01 PM

no mattress..... bed bugs lol. never know. 
no bottles.
no carseat.
no drop down crib.
no pacifiers. 

glenechogirl
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Be careful of anything cloth as Bed Bugs are rampant right now, and as always, lice is a concern.  Personally, I would not buy anything used except all plastic bouncer/exercaucers, and all plastic toys that I could spray down/soak with cleaner.  But I'm really anxious about safety, 1st pregnancy for me.  :P

NinaLemon
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Quoting JT32606:

no mattress..... bed bugs lol. never know. 
no bottles.
no carseat.
no drop down crib.
no pacifiers. 

This would be my list too.  Things we DID buy used:

swing

bouncer

exersaucer

double stroller

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)