Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got to hear the heartbeat!!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM
  • 5 Replies

I went in on thursday for my 2nd appointment.
I  was a little shocked when they said I lost 6lbs...I've been eating total crap..oh well..the nurse said that I would starve long before the baby would.

I also got to hear the heartbeat...doc said it was strong. 150 beats and I'm 13 weeks so he said even though I'm in the first trimester still that he thinks this is a good pregnancy...YAY!

Also had to have a colposcopy..boo...not comfy but also not as bad as I thought. They did a biopsy and he said I would bleed for like 2 weeks...didn't bleed much after the 2nd hr....I'll take that as a good sign

Okay just wanted to share!!!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
calimommy1021
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:35 PM

I love hearing the heartbeat! At my last 2 appointments I have heard our little man's heartbeat! It's so cool to hear. And I wasn't gaining weight in my first trimester either because I had horrible morning sickness. But once I got over the morning sickness and got into my second trimester I felt way better and now I've gained plenty of weight lol, not that I'm enjoying it but it's a fact of pregnancy. So glad your doctor appointment went well though! :)

kelly617
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Thank you!!!

The doc didn't think he would be able to find the heartbeat with the doppler since I was only a little over 12 weeks but he barely touched it to my tummy and BUMP BUMP BUMP there it was clear as day
We let my stepdaughter (she's six) come in and hear and thats how she found out there is a baby in my tummy
Now she won't stop talkin about it and touchin my tummy...its so cute

Lilypie Maternity tickers
kymme11
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:43 PM

congrats on everything i love hearing the baby, and thats awesome ur not bleeding and it wasnt to bad i had to get one done and hated it i was bleeding for a week and real sore, so everything sounds good YEA!!!

CafeMom Tickers
calimommy1021
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Your welcome! And that's so cute about your step daughter. I have a 3 year old daughter and she was so cute, when we went to my appointment she goes "am I going to get to see my baby brother on the screen?" and I told her I wasn't sure if they would put him on the screen so then when there was no ultrasound machine in the room she goes "Aww! I won't get to see my baby brother on the screen!" Lol, but she was really excited about hearing the heartbeat. And she randomly goes up to people and tells them that her baby brother is in my tummy lol, it's too cute.

Quoting kelly617:

Thank you!!!

The doc didn't think he would be able to find the heartbeat with the doppler since I was only a little over 12 weeks but he barely touched it to my tummy and BUMP BUMP BUMP there it was clear as day
We let my stepdaughter (she's six) come in and hear and thats how she found out there is a baby in my tummy
Now she won't stop talkin about it and touchin my tummy...its so cute

evansmommy03
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Hearing the heartbeat is so exciting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)