Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so I'm in the ER ... **update**DOULALA HELP!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:43 PM
  • 45 Replies

I fell down the stairs. I was going down to the garage and the back of my heel hit the step and I slid down. As soon as I hit the bottom, it like popped really loud and immediately got swollen. Baby is perfectly fine. Just had an xray waiting on results. Ill update when I can. I was in soooooo much pain. I got pain medicine and that helped. Keep fingers crossed please ladies!

so i have a bad sprain and did something to a ligament .. i was given the choice of crutches or a walker .. i took the crutches even though the ER doc was pushing for the walker lol my pain medicine is starting to wear off, so my ankle is like burning really bad.  i got some air padded brace .. never seen one like it but it seems to be helping a little.  so that's good.  just going to rest and take it easy..  i have to follow up with my orthopedic doctor .. which is my daddy lol so i'll be at his office this week. at least i know i'll be in good hands =)  thanks for the prayers and wishes ya'll ... 

so you're amazing at pain techniques .. i am not .. they gave me medicine in the ER and it has long worn off .. they gave me hydrocodones and i have take one but it isn't helping .. i dont wanna take any more.  i've tried slow breathing and it is burning to the point it is making me feel like i could pass out =(  i have an OB appt Wednesday and I am thinking about rescheduling it for Monday to see if she can go ahead and put me on maternity leave since my work will pay for 12 weeks anyways.  can my OB do that early?  it's on my right foot, i have to drive an hour to/from work each way .. idk what im going to do.  i dont deal with pain very well at all.  any suggestions??

**i posted a pic that i just took in the replies .. it keeps getting worse**

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittney28
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:43 PM
Goodluck! I'm glad babys ok.. keep us updated..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adri_nevarez
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Glad everything is good with your baby... Hope that all of your xrays are normal as well!

JT32606
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM

glad you & baby are ok!

kymme11
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM

well im glad baby is ok i hope u r as well keep us updated and get some rest

sgt.youngs.wife
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOK
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Oh no mamma!!! You are not allowed to do that :)) Feel better!!! Glad the baby is OK! Hope everything else isn't to bad!!!

JoyCampBell
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:59 PM
Ouch! Glad the baby is fine tho!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JazzysWifey
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:00 PM

OUCH! you're just having a string of bad luck =( take it easy!!!

doulala
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Aww, oh no!!
:-(

Practice your pain-coping techniques!
Best wishes, mama!

amylou111
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Good lord! I hope everything ends up ok!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)