• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy guilt *sigh*

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

So, I'm buying my daughter's birthday cake. 8( I know that doesn't sound like a big deal but I'm pretty sure I have only bought a single b-day cake in my children's collective existence. I think it was one for Missie's first because I didn't have a very good oven. Anyway, it's a big deal to them for Mommy to special bake them a cake ANY WAY they want. I've done Mahjongg pieces, trains, a pirate ship, balloons, between the three of them I have done just about everything. With my thumbs still only healed about half way, there isn't anyway I'm going to be able to do one, especially not the 3D ones the kids like. I just feel so guilty. Cole actually said, 'What do you mean, buy a cake?' LOL I don't think it has ever occurred to him.  Missie looked so sad. I told her she could get one of those fancy ice cream cakes and that made her feel a little better but I feel like crap. Mommy guilt is the pits. 8(

/whine 8(

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JazzysWifey
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:11 PM
What happened to your thumbs?

And that's so sad I'd feel bad too! =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicoal4
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:17 PM

YEA it is See I always buy cakes and now that we are on our 5th baby I have decide to make some budget changes and start making cakes lol well I did daddies and than it was my oldest turn I made her a tye dye cake and she LOVED it even after it split in 1/2 and I made a mad dash to the store to buy a small cake she wanted the one I made... So I can see where your kids like your homemade ones I am sorry that is a stinky feeling... 

mem82
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I had a window slam shut on them a few days ago. I couldn't get them out of the way in time. I've cuts and bruising on each side of the thumbs and blood blisters under one of them. I think the right thumb is fractured under the nail or maybe the bone is really bruised. 8( Have you ever tried to change a one your old without the use of your thumbs? LOL I think I look like I'm in a rodeo. 8) On the bright side, I am mastering the four finger typing techniques and I've broken my texting habit. 8)

I hope they find a spectacular cake, so I won't feel as bad! 

Quoting JazzysWifey:

What happened to your thumbs?

And that's so sad I'd feel bad too! =(

CafeMom Tickers

mem82
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:24 PM

I've had cakes split, too. 8) I just filled the gap with icing and called it a twinkie cake. LOL

Quoting nicoal4:

YEA it is See I always buy cakes and now that we are on our 5th baby I have decide to make some budget changes and start making cakes lol well I did daddies and than it was my oldest turn I made her a tye dye cake and she LOVED it even after it split in 1/2 and I made a mad dash to the store to buy a small cake she wanted the one I made... So I can see where your kids like your homemade ones I am sorry that is a stinky feeling... 

CafeMom Tickers

mem82
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Well, she got this huge ice cream M&M cake and says she's pretty happy about it so that's good. She's not a brat so she isn't going to let a store bought cake ruin her day. 8)

evansmommy03
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Aww I hate mommy guilt!  I usually go all out a bake a fancy cake too but this year I had a baby a few weeks before Evan's birthday so his dad made him one.  It wasn't super fancy but he put on it what Evan wanted and he was fine with it.  I felt bad though that I didn't feel up to doing it for him.

mommyuphold
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Quoting mem82:

Well, she got this huge ice cream M&M cake and says she's pretty happy about it so that's good. She's not a brat so she isn't going to let a store bought cake ruin her day. 8)

I was actually going to post I saw a huge ice cream/ m&m cake or an oreo one at walmart last night. DH & I have our birthday next month-so I am try it!! Hope she has a great birthday and enjoys her cake!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

One-n-Counting
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I'm sorry :-(. I'm sure the ice-cream cake will make up for it! I hope your hands heal fast.

mem82
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:20 AM

They went and got this one at Dairy Queen which was actually cheaper than the Walmart. It looks good. Just make sure you have room in your freezer! Ours is almost too small. Eeek!

Thank you for the birthday wishes 8) I can't believe my baby is 10!

Quoting mommyuphold:

Quoting mem82:

I was actually going to post I saw a huge ice cream/ m&m cake or an oreo one at walmart last night. DH & I have our birthday next month-so I am try it!! Hope she has a great birthday and enjoys her cake!!!!!

CafeMom Tickers

brittney28
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:23 AM
I'm sure after getting a few gifts she will forget about the cake...dont beat yourself up about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)