Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

permission on takin someone elses kid to hospital???

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

Long story short I take my little sister for the summers, this year she is bring a friend. Last year my sister cut her self pretty bad but i cud not take her to ER cuz i was not the parent or had a letter saying i could take her in This year i want to be covered so I need help typing up an form for the parents sign. Will someone help?

i looked on google but cant find much to help me.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mjimaging
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:59 PM
I think it can be really simple but probably needs to be notarized.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 21, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Sorry i'm not sure so here is a bump for you

redhead-bedhead
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 6:08 PM

I know lawyers have a form they can draw up for you, but that would cost a lot. I don't know how to do for cheap. But it would be a good idea to look into. I wonder if there is someone at the hospital who could answer this question for you.

marriedmomma3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:08 PM
She couldn't have been too badly hurt because they would be mandated to treat her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy614

I use this when I leave my kids with a sitter:

We give you permission to authorize emergency medical care for our child(ren) as deemed necessary by a physician, and we will be responsible for full payment of such care.

SIGNATURE:                                                                                                           DATE:

Haven't needed it so far, but should cover pretty much anything necessary.

ManaLynx

So... what, they just sent you home saying "Too bad, so sad?" What if she had needed stitches, or lost tons of blood, or got an infection? Would they let a kid die just because the person who brought them in didn't have a note from a parent? o.O

wantinababy1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:29 PM

When I took her in They said they could look at her and charge insurance but they can not treat her if she needs stitches or meds. unless she was seriously hurt & then the parent would have to sign. They live in a differant state though so I want to be covered.

YzmaRocks
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:08 PM
I do this as well.

Quoting Amy614:

I use this when I leave my kids with a sitter:

We give you permission to authorize emergency medical care for our child(ren) as deemed necessary by a physician, and we will be responsible for full payment of such care.

SIGNATURE:                                                                                                           DATE:

Haven't needed it so far, but should cover pretty much anything necessary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)