Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!! Expecting mommy over here

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

Im expecting for first child im 11wks pregnant. I had a few questions i hope you ladies could help me out.

How many weeks/months will I have to be to feel my babies movement and kick? And when do i find out my babies sex?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ctfirsttimemom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:01 PM

people feel first movements at different times.  With my first I felt him at 15 weeks, this time around I think I felt him about 10 weeks (tiny fluttering).  Generally you can find out the sex around 20 weeks (18-22)

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 21, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Everyone woman is diffrent as far as feeling movments goes.  With my daugther I didn't feel flutters until I was 18 wks.  With this baby I started feeling them a little earlier around 15 wks.  As far as the gender goes most doctors want to wait until your at least 20 wks or as close to 20 wks as possible.

bcbmami
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:06 PM
I felt my babies move around 16-18 weeks. 20 weeks for gender with both
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ManaLynx
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I felt movement for the first time around 18 weeks, which seems to be pretty average for a first timer. If you don't get any of the genetic screening done you can find out the sex around 20 weeks when you get an anatomy scan, but I heard with the screening tests you can find out earlier than that.

sgt.youngs.wife
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:18 PM

welcome and congrats!!  babies movement will differ for every pregnancy .. with my son, i felt him first at about 16 weeks .. with my daughter (my current pregnancy), i didnt feel her good til about 21 weeks ... i found out at 20 weeks with both pregnancies.

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:26 PM
I'm a first timer myself and I felt him around 15 weeks.. it also depends on your weight and placenta position as well. I found out the gender at 19 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JealousGrrl
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I started feeling baby kick at around 18-20 weeks...I can't remember exactly.  and I believe it is 25 weeks when u can find out the sex.  That's when I did.  :)  Congrats!!!!

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:32 PM

most of us in here activly are expected moms. congrats on first time mom. 20weeks is the majic number. enjoy this group, its soo wounderful

Acook331
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Congrats on your baby!

With my first, I felt flutters at 14 weeks and then nothing until about 18 weeks.  It all depends on frame size and weight as well for when you first feel your baby.  I am on #3 and a little heavier than I was 11 years ago when I had my first and I didn't feel this baby until 20ish weeks.

As for gender, genitals are formed by 14 weeks but it is best to have a gender ultrasound between 18-20 weeks to make sure that the tech has a good view and can give an accurate answer.  Just remember- they can always be wrong.

evansmommy03
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Around 20 weeks is when my office does the gender ultrasound and it is different for everyone when they feel movement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)