Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Couldn't be pregnant, could i? PIOG!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:26 PM
  • 13 Replies

I had my mirena out May 5th and had unprotected sex that night. DH and i also had sex on the 3rd of May if that matters... I did start bleeding on the 7th and did till the 9th and that's it! it wasnt SUPER heavy and i had not clots. Well heck, it was more like a medium flow. the 1st two days all i needed was 2 tampons throughout both those days and then the last day it was just barely there. So NOTHING like what i've read how bleeding is after the removal of an IUD.

THe past week ive just felt "off".. hard to explain. semi nasauted. Mainly after taking my daily vitamin(which i finally started on last friday) headaches everyday, esp after having a beer which almost never caused headaches for me. Semi dizzieness the past say 3 days. Not a BAD dizzy, just half "fuzzy" not like everything is spinning but definatly something not right. Not normal for me at least.

So a few questions... 1. Did anyone else have minimal bleeding after removal?(onlyask b/c i've read everyone bleeds a good amout for at least 5-7days).   2. Could i be pregnant that soon after removal? I mean, i know anything is possible when having unprotected sex but just have to ask. (lol)

Or is all this maybe "Normal" after removal and my body just trying to get "normal"..

THanks! :)

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambs86
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:30 PM
I got the mierna out and two weeks later found out I was pregnant! I only bled for like 4 days after removal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylersmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Quoting ambs86:

I got the mierna out and two weeks later found out I was pregnant! I only bled for like 4 days after removal.

Really? How long had you had the mirena? Did you start bleeding RIGHT after removal? b/c i didn't.

I was just curious if it was even possible. We aren't trying but apparently not preventing either.  ANd was just curious b/c of the way i've felt lately.   Was this recently?

krim
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:49 PM

I never even bleed at all when mine wasremoved.  I had mine out in the biginning of march and got prego april 28th of last year.

LovingIT2008
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Test!!!

kylersmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Quoting krim:

I never even bleed at all when mine wasremoved.  I had mine out in the biginning of march and got prego april 28th of last year.

what made you test? B/c you never bleed/had af at all after removal? Esp. almost 2months after removal?

kylersmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Quoting LovingIT2008:

Test!!!

would it not be too early?

marthahenderson
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:54 PM
my cousin was on that nd she got pregnant that same day nd she didnt know because she had light bleeding
hplesha
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:55 PM
I had the copper iud and had it in for 5 yrs. i had it out in june of last year. the doc said i could try right away if i wanted but we had planned on when to start trying. i had 2 periods after i gotten it out but they were the lightest ever and only lasted 3 days. in sept we tried twice. once before i was supposed to get my period and then the 14 days after it was supposed to end and now im 36 wks preg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loveing_My_Life
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:56 PM

The only sure way of knowing is to test.

krim
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Quoting kylersmommy:

Quoting krim:

what made you test? B/c you never bleed/had af at all after removal? Esp. almost 2months after removal?

i puked one morning and realized that i hadnt eaten anything with grease in months.  I didnt actually put 2 and 2 together until the begining of july i was 8 weeks prego

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)