Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trouble in Paradise

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM
  • 3 Replies

As if life isn't stressful enough, add to it a pregnancy, a wedding less than two months away, getting nowhere with plans, and arguing with your fiance. That my friends is a recipe for a nervous breakdown and I had my fill today.

Last Tuesday, we were at dinner and he asked me if I would be ok with just going to the justice of the peace and getting together with friends after; I said yes, but then he said he didn't want to do it until July because anything done in a month would be "just throwing something together" (he likes to use that phrase when we talk about wedding plans).

So I've been looking for something to wear, but couldn't find anything I can afford. So, in a last ditch effort, I went to the fabric store and started pouring over their catalouges of patterns until I found the perfect wedding dress for me. I calculated the cost of the fabric and I couldn't believe how inexpensive it is to make my own dress! I was so excited!

Today, my sister and her husband offered to pay for a three night stay at the Terra Inn for our honeymoon! I was so happy I could have cried! They even offered to help with the wedding details. I thought just maybe with help from family and friends we could pull off an amazing wedding without blowing what little we have.

Then Mr. Party Pooper (a.k.a. my husband-to-be) said "I thought we agreed to go to the jp?" We got into an arguement and I stormed off. He's at work, he gets off at 11, he said "We'll talk tonight," which means that he'll talk me out of it.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mem82
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:54 PM

8( I'm sorry. I would write down all your points and what your cost figures are so you won't forget anything when he comes to talk to you.

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:57 PM

aww mama. i got married when we were pregnant. Dont let him talk you out of anything. THIS IS YOUR DAY and its only going to happen ONCE IN A LIFETIME if your lucky

Queen_Sheila
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I don't see it as just my day, I can't marry myself, I think if I had married myself I would be divorced by now lol! He's afraid I'm gonna go all out, but that's not what I want to do and I don't know how I can tell him that so he will believe me. What do I have to do? Knock him over the head and put him in the closet until the ceremony? I'm tempted to do that. "Do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife?" "He does." "Ma'am, the groom is unconcious..." Lol

Writing is all down is a good idea. If we have it outside, we won't need to pay for a hall. I'm making the cake and the dress, so I'm saving like $400 right there. All that's left is food and flowers, my family offered to help with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)