• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thicker Bikini Hair (maybe tmi)

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:53 PM
  • 4 Replies

I've been using the same brand disposable razors for years and never have I had an issue with them until the last few times i've used them. Now when I shave my bikini area the hair gets stuck in my razor like it's super thick. I have to tap it out to keep shaving. Is anyone else noticing thicker hair? I tried using the two different brands of disposable razors SO had in the drawer and the same thing happens so I know it's not my razors. Plus, my legs and arm pits still shave just as easily as before. I'm trying to take advantage of being able to get down there still, but finding it to be more trouble than it's worth. lol.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 9:00 PM

it could be because of shaving or because of hormones. i was always told the more you shave the thicker your hair gets. Actually sad enough your best bet is to get mens razors. facial hair is really thick but you would also need a razor that is gentle to the sensitive face. with a design like that, its perfect for our areas. our razors are just ment for legs where it doesnt need to be as sensitive. Have you thought about nair or some other way. ive heard that kind of stuff makes your hair thinner

Dragonmamas
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I've been shaving for like ten years though, I don't understand why all of a sudden my hair would be super thick. I'm hoping it's just hormones! Nair dosen't work for me at all, from experience and I don't wax. Ouch. So i'm gonna have to get a few small packs of mens razors and see which works I guess.

shackelford8610
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Hair gets thicker in pregnancy! I had this issue, What I did was take baby oil and use that.... the hair came off sooooooo much easier! ;-D

Dragonmamas
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:52 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'll definately try that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)