Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Enlightening blog by Jamie Deen about his wifes 2nd delivery

Posted by on May. 31, 2011 at 1:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

http://thedeenbros.com/index.php/jamies_blog/jd_article/guess_what_im_a_daddy_again/

Hey y’all,

Guess what! I’m a daddy again!

Matthew James Deen was born Wednesday before last, and we came home on that Thursday. Brooke did so well. You know, Jack was a cesarean. He had low birth movement, so we had to go and get him three weeks early. But Matthew decided to stay in until the bitter end. He was born on Brooke’s due date. We thought he was going to come a few weeks early, but we are so thankful to God that he stayed in there and didn’t come out until it was time. He’s a perfectly beautiful baby boy. Brooke was able to able to deliver through a VBAC, which is a vaginal birth after a cesarean, something like that… 

Anyway, we were able to not have to do the cesarean, and we were super thankful for that. We were able to come home the next day, and Brooke’s up and movin’ around. We’ve been a busy little family. It’s amazing what you can forget…it’s been almost five years since Jack was born. Did you know you can actually go on two, or three, or four hours of sleep?? 

And, it’s especially challenging at this point because Jack Deen’s schedule has not changed. He is just sun up, until super late- 900 mph. I have been doing A LOT of swimmin’ lately. Well, he swims. I float. 

The baby has slept four or five hours a night for a handful of the nights that we’ve been home, so we’re pretty lucky as far as that goes. I gotta tell you, I was super excited when Jack’s camp started this past Monday. That gives Brooke and I some time in the mornin’ to just kinda cuddle up with the baby, keep the house straight, and just sit still. We’ve been listening to some super peaceful what I call “old people’s” music. And it really helps a lot for us to be able to sit and bond with Matthew. 

I was on Mom’s show a couple of times this past week. I’m slow to get back to work. It’s, you know, hard for me to not plug into work. Havin’ a baby is about the only thing that’ll get me totally unplug. But I wanted to get a short, quick blog out this week, just to let y’all know that the baby is here and he is gorgeous. Christine Hall took some pictures, and they’re great. 

If I can’t do nothin’ else, I can birth some good-lookin’ babies. And just because they both look like my wife, doesn’t mean anything...

Thanks for checkin’ back in, and I hope you’re doing just as well as I am.

As always…do good things,
Jamie

by on May. 31, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 31, 2011 at 2:01 PM
Aww I had no idea they had another on the way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylou111
by on May. 31, 2011 at 2:02 PM

lol I didnt either til I read it..

bluerose26
by on May. 31, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I don't even know who Jamie deen is but the baby is cute.

allieC1126
by on May. 31, 2011 at 2:36 PM

They are such a cute family- all of them!  I love Paula and Bobby too.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 31, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Me too! Love love love them!

Quoting allieC1126:

They are such a cute family- all of them!  I love Paula and Bobby too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsjon
by on May. 31, 2011 at 2:39 PM

How sweet!  That makes me want to drive into Savannah and eat at Mother and Sons!  We only live about 30 minutes from there...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN