Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

INFLAMED PUBIC BONE???? EDIT...

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 3:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

I CALLED MY DOCTOR YESTERDAY BECAUSE OF THIS REALLY BAD PAIN IN THE CROCH AREA BUT ITS THE BONE.. I ASKED OVER THE PHONE IF THEY KNEW WHAT IT COULD BE BUT THE DOCTOR MADE ME GO IN TO SEE HIM.. SO HE PUSHED ON MY PUBIC BONE AND I WANTED TO CRY IT HURT SO BAD (ANEXIA WASN'T EVEN WORKING FOR THE PAIN).. THEN HE CHECKED MY CERVIX TO MAKE SURE I WASNT GOING INTO LABOR. WHEN HE SAID THAT I FREAKED OUT IM ONLY 6 MONTHS. THEN HE DID A FAST ULTRASOUND TO CHECK BABY.. BABYS FINE.. THEN HE PUSHED ON MY PUBIC BONE AGAIN BUT NOT SO HARD THIS TIME.. THEN GAVE ME THE SCIENTIFIC WORD FOR AN INFLAMED PUBIC BONE... HE HAD TO EVEN LOOK IT UP CAUSE HE HASN'T SEEN THIS HAPPEN IN ALL HIS YEARS OF PRACTICE... LETS PUT IT THIS WAY.. HE DELIVERED PEOPLE I KNOW WHO ARE OLDER THAN ME AND I AM 23.. SO I SAT IN HIS OFFICE WHILE HE LOOKED IT UP... AND HE HAS ME GOING TO DO A BLOOD TEST TOMORROW ALONG WITH MY GLUCOSE TEST TO LEARN A LITTLE MORE HE SAYS.. BEFORE I LEFT THE OFFICE HE SAID HE WANTED TO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT ME.. I JUST LAUGHED.. HE GAVE ME SOME MOTRIN CAUSE ITS FOR INFLAMMATION SO IT WORKS A LITTLE BETTER.. BUT ITS NOW BEEN 5 DAYS SINCE I HAD THIS PAIN AND I WOULD PREFER PELVIC PRESSURE ANY DAY OVER THIS...

UPDATE:

ITS CALLED  osteitis pubis  AND IT HASNT GOTTEN ANY BETTER.. DOCTOR DOESNT WANT TO GIVE ANTIBIOTICS JUST YET.. HE ORDERED SOME BLOOD WORK FIRST SO I AM WAITING ON RESULTS..

by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JazzysWifey
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 5:45 PM

that's odd .... seems like a normal pain and for him to act like you were so different.... 

LittleMomma13
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 5:48 PM

damn I'm sorry. I've been having bad pain down there, too. I see my dr and I plan on talking to her about it, too

lilou
by Member on Jun. 1, 2011 at 6:08 PM

I have that pelvic pain too and for what I read it's called Symphysis pubic dysfunction which is basically same as pubic bone pain. Seems to me that's what you have but hey I'm not doctor! Here's a link that explain it: http://pregnancy.about.com/od/symptomsofpregnancy/a/pubicbonepain.htm

For me it get worst if I sit or while I sleep at night, I have it since almost the beginning of my pregnancy and I'm now 29 weeks. Unfortunately it seem to get worst as the week goes by.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Well, that sounds painful. 8(

lilmamiz07
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM

if its inflamation ask about prednisone... is steroids but is an anti inflamatory it helps a lot... tho it has nasty side effects.

NuMbEr2OnItSwAy
by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I THINK HE IS JUST A LITTLE WORRIED WITH ALL THAT HAD BEEN GOING ON WITH THIS PREGNANCY.. I HAD A RIPPED CERVIX LAST TIME I HAD A D&C DONE SO I THINK THATS WHAT GOT HIM TO WORRY SO MUCH.. OSTEITIS PUBIS IS NOT VERY COMMON BUT IT HAPPENS AND THE ONLY THING WE CAN DO IS TEST AND WAIT..

Quoting JazzysWifey:

that's odd .... seems like a normal pain and for him to act like you were so different.... 

NuMbEr2OnItSwAy
by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM

ANY PAIN IN THAT AREA DOESN'T FEEL SO GREAT.. BUT I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WHEN IT FELT LIKE THE PAIN WAS IN MY BONE AND ONLY ON THE LEFT SIDE.. I KNOW WHAT PELVIC PRESSURE PAIN IS BUT I WOULD PREFER PELVIC PRESSURE TO THIS ANY DAY... IT HURTS ALL DAY AND MAKES IT HARD TO DRIVE CAUSE EVERY LEFT TURN MAKES IT HURT MORE.. BUT DR ORDERED BLOOD TEST SO GOTTA WAIT ON THE RESULTS NOW...

Quoting LittleMomma13:

damn I'm sorry. I've been having bad pain down there, too. I see my dr and I plan on talking to her about it, too

lisaiamm
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I had this condition with my last 2 pregnancies.  I hope you got some relief.  There is nothing a doctor can do for you, but refer you to a good chiropractor and massage therapist. Do not push anyting infront of you, like a gracery cart, or a stroller.  Do not lift.  And rest a lot in between activity.  This sounds close to impossible, but you make it through.  If you have a very large child there is a chance you can tear the ligaments which takes a very long time to heal.  Your doctor needs to be aware of the condition at delivery and be very educated on making choices about how to deliver your baby.  I don't know why, but it is getting a lot more common than it used to be.  Also choose a chiropractor that has dealt with this before.  He/she can do a lot of damage as well.  Use a medical massage therapist, usually referred from the doctor or chiropractor.  Most massage therapists will have no idea what you are talking about and feel uncomfortable with where you have to be touched in order to provide relief from the pain. Oh I forgot,  Do not wear heals.   and sit in a padded chair at church and not the pew, those make it so much worse even if they are padded.   It is because they are angled.  My friend that had the same condition always wore very good athletic shoes even with a dress.  And there is a belt that you can wear under your clothing.  I borrowed it from her, so worth it, I would have bought one if my huspand had not been out of work at the time.

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Quoting lisaiamm:

I had this condition with my last 2 pregnancies.  I hope you got some relief.  There is nothing a doctor can do for you, but refer you to a good chiropractor and massage therapist. Do not push anyting infront of you, like a gracery cart, or a stroller.  Do not lift.  And rest a lot in between activity.  This sounds close to impossible, but you make it through.  If you have a very large child there is a chance you can tear the ligaments which takes a very long time to heal.  Your doctor needs to be aware of the condition at delivery and be very educated on making choices about how to deliver your baby.  I don't know why, but it is getting a lot more common than it used to be.  Also choose a chiropractor that has dealt with this before.  He/she can do a lot of damage as well.  Use a medical massage therapist, usually referred from the doctor or chiropractor.  Most massage therapists will have no idea what you are talking about and feel uncomfortable with where you have to be touched in order to provide relief from the pain. Oh I forgot,  Do not wear heals.   and sit in a padded chair at church and not the pew, those make it so much worse even if they are padded.   It is because they are angled.  My friend that had the same condition always wore very good athletic shoes even with a dress.  And there is a belt that you can wear under your clothing.  I borrowed it from her, so worth it, I would have bought one if my huspand had not been out of work at the time.

I sure hope this person got some relief, since it happened over 2 YEARS ago! LOL
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I have similar pain with my 3rd & 4th babies starting around 20 wks but it was from SPD (symphasis pubis dysfunction) unfortunately.

Hope you find some relief hun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)