Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For thoses who have gotten pregnant while on BC

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:20 AM
  • 6 Replies

Well here is what is going on with me I was taking the pill well my pack of pills came up missing so me and DH decided to go ahead and start trying for #3 well at that time I would have been ovulating even before BC I always have regular periods so we went ahead and tried during those days just for fun well once I was not on the pill for a few days I started to bleed very light though it is usually heavy and last for 7 days this has been very light and I am wondering if any one who has been on BC and gotten pregnant after you quit taking the pills did you have any bleeding like you normally would while you take the placebos? the reason I am asking though is because I have been getting very nauseous today and I have been having some cramps but not like period cramps not sure how to explain it though and I have been having some litle pains close to where my ovaries are any advice would be great.

baby girlRaelynn 6-11-08  girl on a swingAbigail 10-17-06 

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
angela.bouchard
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:34 AM

bump

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:47 AM
Quitting birth control of any kind will mess with your hormones. You'll probably have abnormal bleeding for the next few weeks/months while your body gets on it's own schedule. Not constant bleeding, but it will take a while for your body to regulate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saadamarie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:51 AM
I was on the pill and got pregnant but once I stopped the pill i did get sick and bleed light for a week and that went on for 3 months! But I was still on the pill not trying when that happened
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I have never become pregnant on bc, but here is a bump.  Hope more mommas are able to help!

aav1125
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:39 AM
Bump! I did, but out wasnt the pill so I'm no help! Sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitetigerchic1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I got preg on the pill I noticed I was very cranky but I was spotting and never spotted with my other 3 so I thought naaaa im not preg but took a test anyway. Well it was positive I stopped taking the pill took another test the next day pos I was still in denial and took 2 more that night pos and still another lol I am currently 23 weeks and did have spotting in the beginning for a few weeks. I went into the dr about the spotting and to confirm preg and everything was fine so I think the spotting was just from the bc pill. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)