• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton hicks anyone?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:26 AM
  • 5 Replies

I had Braxton hicks with my daughter(2nd pregnancy) and i have them already with this pregnancy(28weeks). does anyone else have them? how often?  sometimes i find them very uncomfortable and last a good 3-5mins.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
oOtoxxicOo
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:36 AM

not yet ... i've had some tummy tightening moments, but that's probably ligament pain or something.  i'm only 14wks though.  i had them w/ my ds @ 30wks and was put on w/e bedrest ... think they were afraid of preterm labor.  take it easy for awhile ... maybe over the weekend if you can.  if it gets to be too much for you, i suggest calling l&d to speak with the doc on call.  good luck, hun!!  hope you feel better soon!!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I started having them around 16 weeks.  The come every day esp. after going to the bathroom.  However, they usually never exceed more than three an hour.  They are rather uncomfortable too.  I find with every pregnancythey came earlier and harder for me.

jridgill
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:47 PM

yes. they arent really too bad right this second, but im hoping they will get harder and more together so it will spark real ones. im about 38wks btw

tenpintiff03
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I read at babycenter.com that as long as they are not more then 4 an hr. not regular, and not painful i should be ok. I have a 28 week check up tomorrow(mon june 6th) i going to ask about them. they are diff than last pregnancy adn i wanna make sure im ok to still work etc.

thanks for the feedback ladies it helped..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)