Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking a proactive approach... sorta OT but so excited!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:03 AM
  • 5 Replies

So trying to figure out finances when you have a pop up surprise such as a baby has really been stressing me out.  So I bought a new car.  Lolz.  it sounds silly but I had a 2006 Scion Tc.

I had about 2 years left to pay on it at 367.16 a month  (which is gonna kill me once the baby is here).  Plus while it's 2-door functionality is great for just me, getting a carseat in and out didn't really seem plausible.  So instead I got a 2011 Mazda 3:

Similar body style so I still have my sporty car, but 4 doors, and only 262.40 a month with 0% interest.  So I save about a 100 month and the great thing with new cars is payments don't start til about 45 days after processing which means I get to save an additional $700 before that first bill comes and right before the baby comes.  (sigh of relief).

Another big Plus I talked to my insurance company today and had them reval our policy and got it lowered from 208 a month to 156... so more savings yay!!!

Now just to figure everything else out... :D but I feel good and today is probably the first day in a week and a half that I haven't cried.

There's No Denying the two lines:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:52 AM
Sweet. I have a 2010 Mazda3. Love it! I've had it for a year now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:05 AM

cute car!!

mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Congrats! 8) Looks very nice and voom-ie. It sounds like you made some good choices about the car payments.

24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:59 AM

thanks, It just feels good to start finding some solutions to the problems rather than being upset and running in my head "oh no" followed by boo hoos.

aprilsalcro
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)