Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone over 50 And pregnant?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:56 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hi first off this was not planned as long as you are in a relationship this can happen. We are all fighting against nature. I have a 12 year old boy my DH is 54 I am 51.I just realized it. I haven,t had my first pirenatal check yet. I am thinking about the possibility of downs and any other problems that may come up. I had my first at home when I was 38 with the help of a midwife. Do you think i could have a waterbirth at home at my age? Any other moms out there with a story to share? I would love to hear about it.
Way out of the loop in the southeast
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
annie82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:57 AM

wow.....i dont know anyone but gl for a safe and healthy pregnancy

nu2joynlife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:09 AM

I don't know anyone either but good luck to you mama!! I'm 40 and due to have my first in August. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me. 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:51 AM

I don't see why you can't..make sure your taking prenatals...and eating healthy. Everything will be just fine Momma....Good Luck

mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Congrats! I'm not sure if you could find a midwife that would take on someone at your age but you never know. 8) Call your old midwife and ask. If not, hopefully a hospital in your area uses birthing tubs, at least to labor in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)