Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby movement

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:03 AM
  • 7 Replies
hi ladies
for all those with anterior or posterior placentas (or any other placental position) when did you feel your little one moving for the first time and how did it feel like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ellokatie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:11 AM

i really had no idea what he was doing in there until i got hooked up to the fetal heart rate monitor... i could HEAR him kick and felt it at the same time. it was the beginning of my 3rd trimester. and then i could REALLY feel him... especially as he got bigger. it was like little tiny bubbles at first. kind of a small tickle. as he got bigger tho, it was more definite kick :)
i would make the house quiet ((so you can focus)) and lay on your side. that usually worked for us. i know it's hard to be patient. but trust me, it will get to the point where you will feel your baby... eventually they have no where left to hide!

gembob
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:12 AM

I have a high anterior placenta and first felt definite movement at 18 weeks and 1 day but I know the lower it is the longer it can take. Also until the last 2 weeks I have only really felt movement lower down as the placenta was muffling the movement further up, LO has turned head down now and I feel every little kick now though :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I had an anterior placenta with my second and I felt him around 15 wks. But I knew what to look for. And movement was very different then it was with my first. Just not as strong!

janillichia
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:33 AM

can someone explaine the anterior and posterior placents for me

Tam_and_Fam
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:48 AM

I am on my 2nd child, the first was regular this one is anterior.  The reason I said it was my 2nd child was becuase people sometimes say you recongize the feelings faster.   I first felt something like a tiny jab, fluttering at 14 weeks.  I have to admit I have never had any trouble feeling the baby move, and actually feel more than I did with my first child (or maybe recognize the feelings more).  I also have a low lying placenta, which may have reason for why I was able to feel things so early.

mrsagyemang
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:42 AM
the anterior placenta is when the placenta is attached to your front side; on the baby bump. the posterior one is the other way round where the baby is rather in front.

Quoting janillichia:

can someone explaine the anterior and posterior placents for me

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:45 AM
Mine was posterior and i felt him at about 14 wks. just lil flutters that feel like gas bubbles but obviously if youre not pooping or farting its the baby moving lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)