• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cerclage?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:51 AM
  • 6 Replies
Wonder if any of you mommies have had a cerclage?

I had a LEEP done several years ago and was checked every 2 wks by ultrasound for my last and current pregnancies.
With DS I actually never dilated past 6 cm during labor lol, and this time around everything looks great so far! I'm 15 weeks.

Wondering if you had cervical issues during your 2nd pregnancy but not your 1st?

Also, how far along were you when you had the cerclage?

:) thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:09 AM

BUMP!

JanellesMommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Gave birth to DD1 at 21 weeks then 2 yrs later gave birth to DS1 at 24 weeks then was told I had incompetent cervix! When I got pregnant with DD2 I had a cerclage at 13 weeks & was put on bedrest till 28 weeks when I was put on hospital bedrest! Now pregnant with twin boys I'm 26 weeks & had the cerclage at 13 weeks also! So far so good..just go to my h/r doc every 2 weeks & am on bedrest once again till they arrive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassiemomof4
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I never had the cerclage but all my babies have been early my first two were three weeks early then my third was 7 weeks early and my fourth was 5 weeks early Im currently pregnant with number 5 and each pregnancy I have had more and more problems with each pregnacy due to my weak and shorten cervix not sure if this informaiton is gonna help you

whitetigerchic1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I have a cerclage I got it at 15 or 16 weeks I havent had any issues with it (knock on wood) I am currently 23 weeks with baby #4. My 1st I carried just fine had her at 38 weeks. Then had the LEEP procedure and carried my 2nd to 36 weeks but had to be on bedrest and terbutaline to keep me from contracting. My 3rd I had her at 31 weeks I stared dilating early and was put on bedrest in the hospital for 2 months until I had her via c-section which wasnt needed but stupid dr forced me into it. So far so good with #4 here im not on any bedrest or anything but I still choose to take it easy as much as I can cause I want to keep him in there as long as I can. Good luck hope my story helps.

jridgill
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tam_and_Fam
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Hey, I don't have a cerclage, but I do have a funneling issue.  My first son was induced at 40 weeks, and arrived via emergency c section (that was the only complication) he would have stayed in a while more, I never had any contractions up until I got the petocin.  With my current pregnancy I was fine until 14 weeks.  I started bleeding and was diagnosed with borderline previa.  It cleared up at 20 weeks.  But at 26 weeks I had a slight bleed and pressure.  They checked me and found my cervix was open, and short.  At 27 weeks I began to funnel and put on bedrest.  Yesterday (28 weeks 4 days) I had to go to ER and L&D because of slight bleeding and severe pressure (I actually started contracting) but they were able to stop them, I was given the shots for the baby lungs and now on medication that I take every 8 hours to stop contractions.  I was too far along to get a cerclage put in.  But my 1st pregnancy was great expect for always vomiting.  This pregnancy seems like everything is going wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)