Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you going to spend summer?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:55 AM
  • 13 Replies

We usually do a lot more science in the summer since all the really cool science stuff happens or should happen outside. I think we are going to struggle with this a little bit between my last trimester and Theo being just old enough to make trouble. Maybe I'll just put a pool and call it good. LOL What about you? How do you plan to pass the nice months, especially if you have other kids to amuse?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
readyforbabynow
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I dont have any other kids but I teach 4 days a week over the summer.  I am trying to get one of those inflatable pools so I can do some water aerobics as well as try to stay cool in the pool, I even saw a pool with a shade because I dont think we want to put it under a pine tree.

mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:38 AM

We have a three and half/ four foot deep, 15 foot wide pool that we set up for the kids, and it is nice. It has a filter and we buy the chemicals to keep it fresh. 

ManaLynx
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I really don't have any plans for the summer, other than having a baby next month, working my ass off during my final quarter in school while I'm trying to take care of a newborn so my grades don't slip too much, and trying not to die from the heat xD

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:08 PM

on maternity leave lol we are going to go to FL to the beach to my moms =)

mrs.pyle
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:21 PM

we are outside most of the day (love this ipad it goes everywhere! lol) and we have a couple vacations planned, lots of day trips, we are waiting for our butterfly to hatch and have been spending a ton of time on different farms and at different lakes, we have been hosting a play group once a week too that is aimed towards homeschooled kids. lots of gardening, tracking our gardening progress, beach trips, summer cooking, hiking boating sailing fishing etc. we like the summer time lol ds is getting kittens tomorrow too so that has been the big excitement this week other than the crazy graduation parties 

Tam_and_Fam
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I was originally supposed to move to GA the beginning of June, and figured the summer would be readjusting to our new home and new state.  but since I am stuck on bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy, I guess I am staying in NY.  I have no more summer plans.

mem82
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I'm sorry! 8(

Quoting Tam_and_Fam:

I was originally supposed to move to GA the beginning of June, and figured the summer would be readjusting to our new home and new state.  but since I am stuck on bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy, I guess I am staying in NY.  I have no more summer plans.

CafeMom Tickers

HippieMomma08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 3:35 PM

In the pool and at the beach. DD is a fish and can't get enough of the water and it's the only place I feel comfortable now.

mem82
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Sounds awesome! 8) Last year we were doing a lot of hiking and outdoor exploration but this year I think that is going to be a bust. I keep swelling and nothing I do seems to stop it. On Friday, we're going  on a park playdate and I'm going to try to Ace bandage my foot to see if that helps.

Quoting mrs.pyle:

we are outside most of the day (love this ipad it goes everywhere! lol) and we have a couple vacations planned, lots of day trips, we are waiting for our butterfly to hatch and have been spending a ton of time on different farms and at different lakes, we have been hosting a play group once a week too that is aimed towards homeschooled kids. lots of gardening, tracking our gardening progress, beach trips, summer cooking, hiking boating sailing fishing etc. we like the summer time lol ds is getting kittens tomorrow too so that has been the big excitement this week other than the crazy graduation parties 

CafeMom Tickers

mem82
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 3:38 PM

I'm jealous of all your fun plans!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)