• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursery setup

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:50 AM
  • 6 Replies
When is a good time to start setting up the nursery for baby? I am due October 5th and the only thing we have are a few outfits. (Waiting for my baby shower July 31st.) Its hard to start a nursery with nothing, but things will start coming our way soon. Just wanting some input in when is a good time to start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ManaLynx
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:00 PM

I think it's a good time to do it whenever you want to get it done :) I was around 25 weeks when I got the nursery painted and the furniture assembled and in place, but I had been wanting to do it for months xD But I don't think there's really a too early or too late.

SuperMom2433
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Thats what i was thinking also. Just wanted to see what everyone else had to say about it. Thanks for your input!
Karasfirst
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:27 PM
I am 31 weeks, my shower is on the 25th of this month. So far in babys room we have the crib set up and the changer/dresser. We also have the bassinet, swing, play yard and breast pump along with some clothes. The rest were waiting till after the shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
divamommao
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:10 PM

I personally do not set the crib up till a month before baby is due. but i do all the rest of the stuff after 20 weeks.

MumsTheWord571
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:12 PM

I waited until after my baby shower with DS. I've been instructed not to buy anything until after my baby shower with DD! so it will be after that too! I am however getting DS's room arranged so that I can add a crib to it and baby girl clothes.

Suz_and_Ash
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:12 PM

I am currently 36 weeks and 4 days.  My shower is tomorrow.  I have nothing set up yet!!!  Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)