• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HMM...any thoughts ladies?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

So I was laying on my back the last night and it seems like the baby is sitting sideways (even my husband noticed and was like whats he doing way over there)...which is not good...but at the same time I can feel movement down by my hips and up by my ribs...well my ribs feel bruised. They haven't done another ultrasound to see how he is positioned or how do they know they aren't upside down or sideways??

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
O1j9a1n9n8a6t
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:29 PM

bump

mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Hmmm, that is weird. The doctor can usually tell by feel. I'd make sure to mention it at your next appointment.

O1j9a1n9n8a6t
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:34 PM

He don't ever touch me lol...other then to listen to the heartbeat..which the baby hides from often. The appointments take like 5 min...I told my husband whats the point of even going...

Quoting mem82:

Hmmm, that is weird. The doctor can usually tell by feel. I'd make sure to mention it at your next appointment.

mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:37 PM

LOL Mine doesn't either until the end. He keeps an eye on my fundal height but he doesn't measure it, usually. I imagine he'll start soon. I'm getting farther along. blah

Quoting O1j9a1n9n8a6t:

He don't ever touch me lol...other then to listen to the heartbeat..which the baby hides from often. The appointments take like 5 min...I told my husband whats the point of even going...

Quoting mem82:

CafeMom Tickers

O1j9a1n9n8a6t
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Hell I'll be 36 wks on tuesday...gettin a lil close to keep guessing lol.

Quoting mem82:

LOL Mine doesn't either until the end. He keeps an eye on my fundal height but he doesn't measure it, usually. I imagine he'll start soon. I'm getting farther along. blah

Quoting O1j9a1n9n8a6t:

Quoting mem82:

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM

This is a neat sight and it can show you how to belly map to figure out how the baby is laying. But the side you feel the baby on is the side with his body...back etc. the other side will be where the hands and feet are...you can see on the site!

http://www.spinningbabies.com/

O1j9a1n9n8a6t
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Thank you!!  This actually helps alot!

Quoting NoraDun:

This is a neat sight and it can show you how to belly map to figure out how the baby is laying. But the side you feel the baby on is the side with his body...back etc. the other side will be where the hands and feet are...you can see on the site!

O1j9a1n9n8a6t
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:49 PM

it says he is ROT which is right occiput transverse... and left occiput transvers is ideal...sooo how do I get him to flop lol.

Quoting NoraDun:

katelynsmommy30
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:51 PM
I like the above site! When I was pregnant with my ds (he's not 14 weeks) at 38 weeks he was slightly transverse (my ob could tell by feel) anyways I thought something was off just by how I was feeling him...his hiccups weren't down lower etc.....so it was a watch and wait (mind you I was 38 weeks) but I went home from that appt, determined to get my baby to move! Again I LOVE the above site....it tells you simple exercises etc to try to encourage baby to move...I did those for 2 days...middle of the night on the 2nd day I woke up to my ds moving like crazy...it hurt like no other! But he moved! To the right position! Babies can move into the correct position even during labor! They can change up until then! I wouldn't worry right now....just mention it to your dr at your next appt.....def look at that website! And just relax! Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katelynsmommy30
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Now* instead of Not lol!

Quoting katelynsmommy30:

I like the above site! When I was pregnant with my ds (he's not 14 weeks) at 38 weeks he was slightly transverse (my ob could tell by feel) anyways I thought something was off just by how I was feeling him...his hiccups weren't down lower etc.....so it was a watch and wait (mind you I was 38 weeks) but I went home from that appt, determined to get my baby to move! Again I LOVE the above site....it tells you simple exercises etc to try to encourage baby to move...I did those for 2 days...middle of the night on the 2nd day I woke up to my ds moving like crazy...it hurt like no other! But he moved! To the right position! Babies can move into the correct position even during labor! They can change up until then! I wouldn't worry right now....just mention it to your dr at your next appt.....def look at that website! And just relax! Good luck mama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)