Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Insurance question

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:11 PM
  • 4 Replies

When I was pregnant with ds it took me several months before I was able to see a doctor because I didn't have any insurance, and when I was finally able to get it all sorted out and see a doctor, the clinic I went to told me that my insurance would have covered anything up to 6 months ago, so I would have been able to see a doctor long before I actually got my insurance set up. Well, I am in the same boat now. 11 weeks pregnant with no insurance yet, and now we're getting ready to move again for the second time in a year. Before I can get insurance I need to go to a free clinic to get proof of pregnancy. Luckily, there is one right across the street from where I am going to move to. Anyway, my question is: do you guys know if the 6 month thing applies for all clinics and hospitals or is it only certain ones that allow coverage that way? Or is it only certain types of insurance that allows that? I don't have the money right now to pay doctor bills out of pocket, so if you guys know anything about that sort of thing I would greatly appreciate it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JazzysWifey
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:33 PM
I'm no insurance expert but I'm going to guess that's definitely dependent on the insurance specifically not the clinic. So if you know what insurance you will have....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:01 PM

This... Good luck!

Quoting JazzysWifey:

I'm no insurance expert but I'm going to guess that's definitely dependent on the insurance specifically not the clinic. So if you know what insurance you will have....

CafeMom Tickers

PrincessGemini
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Thats what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. I should be getting the same type of insurance that I had with ds (Molina which is a branch from medicaid). When I move I'll just walk across the street to the clinic and see if they can tell me for sure. Thanks. 

Quoting JazzysWifey:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
doulala
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:17 AM

You can prepare to interview some care providers.    Ask them if they can take that particular kind when you call to make the appointments.  
First visit-interviews are no charge generally.

With my babies I used Medicaid, and the last time I wasn't approved until after my due date but had 9 wonderful months of midwifery prenatal care.

Don't know until you try, ask.    "If you don't know your options you don't have any."

:-)

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)